rileyboy here!...nice score w/pix

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Hi All,
rileyboy here to say hello. Haven't made any posts in many months, but I do venture on the site once in a while to see how everyone is doing. I sure hope all the old hands (Mountainman2, Arkiebassman, EastKYminer, Freedom, APUSH, Mdnightman, Buffaloboy, Palidin, jrf30) and so many other good friends from over the years are doing well. I haven't been doing the CRHing like I used to as things started drying up in and around my area back in March. Lots of "skunky" boxes and very few loose halves in many of the old "score" banks. With the high price of gasoline, I just decided it wasn't worth "road tripping" just to get someone else's "dumps", or nothing at all for that matter. Thus, I hadn't been to many of my old banks looking for coins in a long time. Anyway, today I managed to get lucky. Was out doing other things and stopped at one bank that used to "produce" years ago. They had 9 CWRs and $9 loose. The loose were all clad, but 6 of the CWRs were solid 40% silvers. 120 Total. Hopefully this post will keep everyone encouraged, because as I've always said......"It's out there!". Hope the pix come through as I've never used this new format.
Cheers,
rileyboy and "Riley"
(Rich, R.I.P.)

Attachments

• IMG_2095.JPG
    IMG_2095.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_2096.JPG
    IMG_2096.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 126
Upvote 0

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what a score! hope you get some more!

ParisRoubaix

Mar 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible!

What happned to your tag line how you used to end all of your posts?

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rileyboy!! nice to hear from you and congrats on the real nice score you got there! hope you will start posting again, as you always say, "it's out there", and it surely is... keep up the search and score some more AG.

HH,
Buff

midntmn

Dec 15, 2011
one of the 13 colonies
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi RB, it is good to see your posts. Your assessment of this area is right on. A coin here , a coin there, once in a blue moon a good box. Mostly reshuffling the same coins from bank to bank. I guess you really do have the Luck of the Irish!

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score Riley, very nice score indeed!....nice to see you back! It is out there for sure!

HH
Bigheed

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome back Riley, that pile looks sweet!
Those silver skyscrapers look encouraging for the rest of us.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Whew that was one long walk you and Riley took. I'm glad to see you back. Your one of the old vanguard that always brought respectability and knowledge to the group. I hope you to see more of your posts in the future.

Sweet cull on the silver. Congratulations!

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Score one for the good guys! Great score Rileyboy! :icon_thumright:

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Rileyboy, glad to see your still at the search and still reading the posts !! I echo what Diver Down said, respectibility and knowledge. Congrats on those solid rolls! :icon_thumleft: it's good to hear from you. :icon_thumleft: MM2

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Atta boy Riley. I haven't been posting much lately either. Had some good scores this year, but no camera right now for pics. When I get one I've got some good pics to post. Nice Score on the CWR!! Good to see that you still hunt.

Steve L.

Oct 11, 2008
Vienna, ME
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, White's DFX-300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rileyboy,
Great score! It has been slow, hoping it pics up again soon. You are right, it is out there.
Steve

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Riley Boy, how has life been. Apparently your silver sniffing dogs nose has gone a bit south huh? Glad to see you posting again. :occasion14:

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Rileyboy (and Riley, too)! Very, very nice score indeed. Love to see those silvers stacked high. Glad your back. We need more "positive" posts like yours :)

Pet the silver-sniffin' dog for me.

apush

Last edited:

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Good score Riley - nothing like a few solid rolls to get the juices flowing again!

Maine_Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread