Rinehart letter to President Trump

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As promised this week's letter to the president is asking for help in the Rinehart case. If you write only one letter please make it this one. A little different this week I am also asking you send a copy to the DOJ, https://www.justice.gov/doj/webform/your-message-department-justice
I want to show Brandon our continuing support so I am asking that you post note here that a letter was sent.

As always, please send your letter to the president here https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact#page

Donald J. Trump, President of the United States
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

Dear President Trump,

SUPPORT BRANDON RINEHART

The West Coast independent gold miners and prospectors have been asking you for assistance to get us back to work in the face of the environmental movements massive push to over regulate us out of existence.

The State of California unconstitutionally tried and convicted Mr. Brandon Rinehart for using his federal mining rights on his federal mining claim. They required a permit but refused to issue any a permits to anyone, and still continue to refuse to for going on eight years now. The state even denied him the use of his federal evidence in his case. The state court of appeals overturned it citing South Dakota Mining vs Lawrence County, No. 97-3861, September 16th 1998, 8th Court of Appeals.

“The ordinance's de facto ban on mining on federal land acts as a clear obstacle to the accomplishment of the Congressional purposes and objectives embodied in the Mining Act. Congress has encouraged exploration and mining of valuable mineral deposits located on federal land and has granted certain rights to those who discover such minerals.   Federal law also encourages the economical extraction and use of these minerals… To do so offends both the Property Clause and the Supremacy Clause of the federal Constitution. The ordinance is prohibitory, not regulatory, in its fundamental character.”

Political pressure was brought to bear and the case was quickly overturned in the state’s Supreme Court. In that case the Obama administration directed the Department of Justice to step in on the case and unconstitutionally endorsed the denial of Mr. Rinehart’s federal mining rights. The Pacific Legal Foundation has petitioned the case to the US Supreme Court.

Please Mr. President, we ask that you not only have the Department of Justice rescind its opinion in this case but reverse it and support Mr. Rinehart’s federal rights. Please contact Mr. Jonathan Wood, Environmental Attorney, Pacific Legal Foundation for any assistance you may need. https://www.pacificlegal.org/cases/California-claim-jumps-the-rights-of-miners-on-federal-land

Upvote 0

Sam_at_Armadillo

Oct 1, 2016
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Brandon!!!!
There are NOT enough words big enough or loud enough or long enough to express my graditude to you. I totally understand the the scope of what you have taken on for ALL miners in the country.

Below you find my weekly letter to President Trump updated to support you!!

Thanks again!
Sam

Good Afternoon,
I am writing to encourage your SUPPORT OF BRANDON RINEHART. Brandon’s case starts in California, but has become a snow ball effect to all the western states' over reaching our federally granted rights.
I am a middle age women depending on the Mining Industry for a living. I work at a long standing Mining shop in RUAL Southern Oregon. (NOT that our vote counted here, WE VOTED FOR YOU!) I am also the sole owner of a mining claim here in our area. We are unable to work most of our areas due to STATE interference on FEDERALLY Held Public Land. (Public Domain when minerals are held under title).
I understand the importance of national security and the mining industry. We are not safe here in the GREAT United States of America if we are out sourcing our military supplies to other countries. STUPID!
Please except this message as encouragement and hopeful support to Make MY Country GREAT again!

Thanks you!
Samantha Everett
Armadillo Mining Shop
2041 NW Vine Street
Grants Pass OR 97526
541-476-6316
[email protected]

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a giant waste of time. :skullflag:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Backing Rinehart is a waste of time, money, and effort. This case has been prostituted to make money for people and organizations that could care less about getting dredges back in the water. Wake up people, and stop letting these morons take your money. :skullflag:

OP
OP
ratled

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry PLF is taking Brandon's case to the US Supreme Court. When PLF takes a case it is at no cost to the the client. PLF takes only case that has a high probability of winning.

This thread is not asking for dollars. The Obama administration stepped in on the case against. With the new POTUS, and his way of doing business, all that is being asked is for letters of support asking for them DOJ to rescind the previous administrations position against him and his federal mining rights and take the position in favor of him. Doesn't even cost anyone a stamp to mail the letter in.

ratled

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry PLF is taking Brandon's case to the US Supreme Court. When PLF takes a case it is at no cost to the the client. PLF takes only case that has a high probability of winning.

This thread is not asking for dollars. The Obama administration stepped in on the case against. With the new POTUS, and his way of doing business, all that is being asked is for letters of support asking for them DOJ to rescind the previous administrations position against him and his federal mining rights and take the position in favor of him. Doesn't even cost anyone a stamp to mail the letter in.

ratled

Not talking about you. PLP, AMRA, and all the rest are frauds. This case is a loser. :skullflag:

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry, while you are entitled to your opinion, maybe you should fight for the rights of a miner in the Democratic State of New York. When you have no friends or support, you might then understand what it's all about.

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Terry, while you are entitled to your opinion, maybe you should fight for the rights of a miner in the Democratic State of New York. When you have no friends or support, you might then understand what it's all about.

You may be surprised on how many like minded folk there are. I am one of them. I don't feel I have no friends or any support. Don't look for us at goldshows and raffles and recreational club outings we are actually out bein who we claim to be.. look for us in the hills...

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Pacific Legal Foundation is a quality organization and have represented people that have been unjustly oppressed by the government such as the dredge ban or the you have to pay the difference in someone's rent cost for two years should you evict them for any reason from your rental in San Francisco ordinance that was in effect. Whether writing to Trump and the DOJ will do any good or if the PLF can even get the case taken up by the Supreme Court no one knows. All we do know is it will cost you a stamp and an envelope and a couple of minutes of your time. Two minutes less of TNET browsing is not going to damage anyone.

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may be surprised on how many like minded folk there are. I am one of them. I don't feel I have no friends or any support. Don't look for us at goldshows and raffles and recreational club outings we are actually out bein who we claim to be.. look for us in the hills...
I don't do clubs, raffles, or gold shows either, Victor. But as rattled said, PLF is not doing these things and they are not charging for their services. A letter to the POTUS as a show of support is all that is being asked.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Think before you type Mike. I've been a gold prospector since I was a child growing up in Arizona. Through my school, Arizona Gold Adventures, I taught thousands of people from across the country, and around the world, how to prospect and mine. I was one of the first contributors to PLP when Jerry visited me in Stanton.

These "Johnny-come-latelies" are all pretenders that are SCAMMING weekend prospectors for cash - period. If you want to fight for your right to dredge, start going after the REAL problem dumbazz politicians getting paid by the green meanies. Forget the lawyers and get a couple of professional investigators to shine a light of justice on illegal campaign contributions. Start educating the public and school children. Instead of being angry and throwing money at an unwinnable legal strategy. Team up with hunters, fishers, campers and others that love and use the land.

There simply are not enough gold prospectors and miners to sway public opinion. Remember, when Joe Public thinks of a "Gold Prospector," they think of a dirty, bearded, under educated hick. They don't imagine a school teacher, airline pilot, mechanic, computer tech, or lawyer. THAT is what needs to change. We need to focus on PUBLIC RELATIONS and educate folks as to who we are and what we do.

Rhinehardt is and has always been a loser. :skullflag:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, when a guy gets a ticket. That many believe is un constitutional. It shouldn't be fought. That is helping?

All the getting other users involved is true. But, you have to start somewhere.

Many people are getting and have been involved in rural communities. Talking to supervisors and their district congressman. Wma was just at a townhall with other groups. Having to deal with the protestors that are popping up there.

Trying to shut down public representation that is out there.

A major issue isn't even a head in the sand attitude. Many people just don't want to stand up in a situation they see as predetermined. They are reserved to do their thing as long as they can. Hoping maybe that they will just be able to pay to play if anything.

Atv ohv has a bill to fight heading their way as we speak.

Amra has an outdoor show coming together in the fall with the purpose of putting different user groups together.

PLP is dead MMAC is trying to rip people off anyway they can.

GPAA is the biggest that has the largest reach and they don't do a damn thing with it.

I go out and do what i know congress says is legal. No one has asked me for money. I have helped Shannon with info and support. I've talked to him several times. Looked him in the eye more than once. He is doing what he is doing for the reason he says he is doing it.

I disagree with the way WMA states things sometimes. Some of their claim flubs are annoying. But, I really like Rick. So, I will help him also.

The courts are there for a reason. They should be used.

Brandons case is no loser. PLF wouldn't be pushing for it to go to SCOTUS if it was.

There are thousands of people doing exactly what Terry says we are not doing. Just because it isn't reported on the nightly news doesn't mean it isn't happening.

The prospectors have out numbered the enviro's at every hearing and workshop I have ever been to. We do need more to go.

I myself was pretty pissed that Heather from Pioneer, No one from the gold hounds and not a single GPAA rep was at the SB637 hearings or the workshops.
I blame them for not showing up and squandering the opportunity. But, I can not blame them for the reason we have to stand up for ourselves.

These groups are the only groups that seem to be trying a proactive approach. There are groups in place to help once your in court. Though reactionary fights seem to take forever.

Promise if we didn't show at the 637 hearings and to the workshops held and those still to come.

The shutting down would be swifter and in stone already. Don't discount those who are fighting.

UncleMark

Sep 8, 2010
Rattled has 100% of my support.

Think before you type Mike. I've been a gold prospector since I was a child growing up in Arizona. Through my school, Arizona Gold Adventures, I taught thousands of people from across the country, and around the world, how to prospect and mine. I was one of the first contributors to PLP when Jerry visited me in Stanton.

These "Johnny-come-latelies" are all pretenders that are SCAMMING weekend prospectors for cash - period. If you want to fight for your right to dredge, start going after the REAL problem dumbazz politicians getting paid by the green meanies. Forget the lawyers and get a couple of professional investigators to shine a light of justice on illegal campaign contributions. Start educating the public and school children. Instead of being angry and throwing money at an unwinnable legal strategy. Team up with hunters, fishers, campers and others that love and use the land.

There simply are not enough gold prospectors and miners to sway public opinion. Remember, when Joe Public thinks of a "Gold Prospector," they think of a dirty, bearded, under educated hick. They don't imagine a school teacher, airline pilot, mechanic, computer tech, or lawyer. THAT is what needs to change. We need to focus on PUBLIC RELATIONS and educate folks as to who we are and what we do.

Rhinehardt is and has always been a loser. :skullflag:

Nice to know your take is to back stab people trying to accomplish an objective solution with a positive attitude. You sound like the Lamestream news media that said Trump could not get elected. Not enough miners to accomplish anything. That is nothing but pure BS.

Just what is it exactly that you are doing to educate the general public and "school children" about the suction dredgers issues with over reaching government agencies, and how is it that you think that course of action you are pursuing can accomplish a change in the next 4 months?

A letter to the Pres is free and only takes a little time and is a positive action that has a serious possibility to start the wheels rolling in our favor again, and can not cause our efforts any harm.

Just what positive action do you think your letters in responce to Rattled has accomplished?

I've heard enough people ***** and complain about this topic for over twenty years and can count the people who are right now actively doing something to try and change this situation on my hands, no toes needed.

Do you think you can respond in a positive way or are you happy just trying to keep people from attempting to do something positive RIGHT NOW, NOT TOMORROW, like most TROLLS DO.

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've heard enough people ***** and complain about this topic for over twenty years and can count the people who are right now actively doing something to try and change this situation on my hands, no toes needed....

You just made my point Unc. Not enough votes - or interest, to sway anyone. Not enough organization or backers. Answer me this - Why haven't California dredgers sought support and funding from America's largest mining companies? If you tell me they have, then why haven't they received it? :skullflag:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, when a guy gets a ticket. That many believe is un constitutional. It shouldn't be fought. That is helping?

All the getting other users involved is true. But, you have to start somewhere.

Many people are getting and have been involved in rural communities. Talking to supervisors and their district congressman. Wma was just at a townhall with other groups. Having to deal with the protestors that are popping up there.

Trying to shut down public representation that is out there.

A major issue isn't even a head in the sand attitude. Many people just don't want to stand up in a situation they see as predetermined. They are reserved to do their thing as long as they can. Hoping maybe that they will just be able to pay to play if anything.

Atv ohv has a bill to fight heading their way as we speak.

Amra has an outdoor show coming together in the fall with the purpose of putting different user groups together.

PLP is dead MMAC is trying to rip people off anyway they can.

GPAA is the biggest that has the largest reach and they don't do a damn thing with it.

I go out and do what i know congress says is legal. No one has asked me for money. I have helped Shannon with info and support. I've talked to him several times. Looked him in the eye more than once. He is doing what he is doing for the reason he says he is doing it.

I disagree with the way WMA states things sometimes. Some of their claim flubs are annoying. But, I really like Rick. So, I will help him also.

The courts are there for a reason. They should be used.

Brandons case is no loser. PLF wouldn't be pushing for it to go to SCOTUS if it was.

There are thousands of people doing exactly what Terry says we are not doing. Just because it isn't reported on the nightly news doesn't mean it isn't happening.

The prospectors have out numbered the enviro's at every hearing and workshop I have ever been to. We do need more to go.

I myself was pretty pissed that Heather from Pioneer, No one from the gold hounds and not a single GPAA rep was at the SB637 hearings or the workshops.
I blame them for not showing up and squandering the opportunity. But, I can not blame them for the reason we have to stand up for ourselves.

These groups are the only groups that seem to be trying a proactive approach. There are groups in place to help once your in court. Though reactionary fights seem to take forever.

Promise if we didn't show at the 637 hearings and to the workshops held and those still to come.

The shutting down would be swifter and in stone already. Don't discount those who are fighting.

I don't disagree with the fight, I disagree with the strategy currently being used to fight. We are FEW in numbers, so rallies and meetings do nothing to amplify our voices. We need to adopt strategies used by other minority causes - like the Gays for instance. They make up LESS than 5% of the population, yet they get a LOT of attention. Why is that? Come on, put your thinking caps on folks! :skullflag:

OP
OP
ratled

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
terry, since Bill Clinton green lighted the wackos under the Equal Access to Justice Act , these guys have made a career using the gov money against the gov... democratic societies die of suicide and this is one way ours is/was dying. You will not sway the wackos in CA, OR, WA, and CO... CO you are next in the law suit game as the WA chapter has begun. Hopefully the NWO has beeen stayed off for the near future but it won't go away. The SJWs aren't goign to listen to you on how you plan to rape mother earth and say it is good when they have been told it is bad. A panning booth at the local school or BSA day isn't going to make the leap to for profit suction dredging.

Now, PLF only take winners. They have said over and over, for a long time that Rinehart is the key to our undoing this nonsense that has been thrust upon us. The wackos know it, the wackos in the state know this had have done everything they can do to stop this.

The only weak spot in Rinehart is that the Obama administration directed the DOJ to unconstitutionally submit a position against Brandon's rights. All we are asking that everyone but you send in a letter asking the current administration to direct the DOJ to undo this injustice and in fact ask that they reverse it and submit a position in favor of Rinehart.... as they should.

You can hate on the alphabet groups all you want, but please, take it to a thread that is talking about them. This is a thread where each person can actually do something in there own small way. The Trump administration is very pro mining and resource use. They plan to undo as much of the nonsense they can. How many times has Trump, Spicer, Zinke, etc specifically used the word minerals? Tons, and they plan to do this for everyone and not under the guise for merc collection like the greenies NGO money makers. Look at rep Smith out the Texas 21st, he is chair of the House Science Committee, they have asked Administrator Pruitt to reverse the EPA's extraordinary action against the Pebble mine permit as they used junk science to take steps against them that they have never done before.

So, as I modestly asked in my OP, please everyone take a moment and send in a note in favor of Brandon. This action has worked before and will work again.

ratled

Last edited:

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes. PLF IS NOT the same as that rogue PLP.
https://www.pacificlegal.org/

CA picked our fight using every legal tactic available. Some legal, some not so legal. Our only way to counter attack is thru the courts. That said, is it really all we can do? Unless a political climate change provides other options such as letter writing. :protest:

Why? Because we all know politics can get around laws...either flat out or by re-writing them. Right CA? Or is that too close to home for ya? :evil7:

UncleMark

Sep 8, 2010
My Letter in support

This is a simple positive action for every claim owner and small independent miner whom thinks their rights are being trampled by our Federal and State governments. Please take the time to write a letter like this every week, understand this is your voice being heard. Doing nothing is just that, nothing. My letter;

Donald J. Trump, President of the United States
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

Dear Mr. President Trump,

I am asking you support the small scale and independent miners of the USA whom are being regulated out of existence by overreaching environmental regulations and State and Federal government agencies. I am writing asking you take action in a legal battle we are facing by reviewing the Brandon Rinehart case.
This is an action where a suction dredger was operating on his Federal mining claim without a State permit the State refuses to issue, in direct contradiction to long standing legal precedents South Dakota Mining vs Lawrence County, No. 97-3861, September 16th 1998, 8th Court of Appeals, and the SCOTUS decision in Cal. Coastal Comm'n v. Granite Rock Co., 480 U.S. 572 (1987)

“In 480 U.S. 572, 608; 107 S. Ct. 1419, 1439; 94 L. Ed. 2d 577…609 (1987), SCOTUS held that Federal Law does not preempt reasonable state environmental permitting requirements for mining activity on unpatented mining claims. The decision distinguished environmental regulations from land use planning with the assumption that federal land use planning laws preempt state land use planning requirements from applying to federal lands. The decision also indicates that the states may not control use of federal land by land use planning or by denying environmental permits.” (Excerpts of Mining Law by Terry S. Maley 6[SUP]th[/SUP] ed.) (Emphasis added).

Mr Rinehart’s case was overturned properly by the State appeals court, then for political reasons the appeals decision was reversed by the State Supreme court. The State Supreme ruling totally ignores that the environmental impacts of suction dredging are established and the State’s position needing study before issuing permits is an illegal scheme. Suction dredging regulations should be reasonable and base on factual science not speculative opinion, and conform to equal application of the law and follow existing law, something State governments of California and Oregon refuse to do.

The case is on appeal to the SCOTUS, with the DOJ under Obama supporting the State’s case in the ongoing attack against citizens’ rights in our Great Country.

Please Mr. President, we ask that you not only have the DOJ rescind its opinion in this case but reverse it and support Mr. Rinehart’s federal rights. Please contact Mr. Jonathan Wood, Environmental Attorney, Pacific Legal Foundation for any assistance you may need. https://www.pacificlegal.org/cases/C...n-federal-land

Please help,

Terry,
I don't care about the big mining companies, I care about my claims and my voice and PLF is a large law firm taking this case pro bono. This is a positive action I took today speaking my voice to the Pres and the DOJ. I have done something.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread