Ring #6

dale3fan28

Jul 15, 2013
Lake Charles, La
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO & Ace 250, ProPointer
Got #6 this morning, not much to brag on but its a ring, think its brass.... This is my first one from the water, the others were in the dry stuff...Cleaned it in my rock tumbler with aquarium pebbles, half vinegar and half peroxide along with my clad ...... The clad came out looking mint new.... First time i used this method

image-436924418.jpg

Upvote 0

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you get your AT set up to run stable in the saltwater?

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Good job ! Finding any ring is exciting. Please post an after photo and what settings did you use in the water with your AT Pro ??

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Nice ring find, Dale...check it out further; could it maybe be 10K?

Lorraine

OP
OP
dale3fan28

dale3fan28

Jul 15, 2013
Lake Charles, La
Detector(s) used
Did you get your AT set up to run stable in the saltwater?

We just had a lot of rain last week maybe less salt content from the river drainage? It ground balanced great then i went 5 less then I decreased sensi to 5 bars. I am not on the gulf so
The salinity should be weaker here. There was very little chatter hits wew strong

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We just had a lot of rain last week maybe less salt content from the river drainage? It ground balanced great then i went 5 less then I decreased sensi to 5 bars. I am not on the gulf so
The salinity should be weaker here. There was very little chatter hits wew strong

I got six and half rings this year, all crap except for the half ring that the park lawn mower got...

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Learn the machine, research areas to hunt, don't get caught up with not having anything to post or trying to be competitive, good finds will start to show. I agree with Lorraine, check that ring out carefully, I have some pretty crappy looking 10k rings but brass ones can fool you when you have gold fever!

"Cleaned it in my rock tumbler with aquarium pebbles, half vinegar and half peroxide".... interesting, you didn't have any trouble with pressure building up in the tumbler?

Cliff

OP
OP
dale3fan28

dale3fan28

Jul 15, 2013
Lake Charles, La
Detector(s) used
Learn the machine, research areas to hunt, don't get caught up with not having anything to post or trying to be competitive, good finds will start to show. I agree with Lorraine, check that ring out carefully, I have some pretty crappy looking 10k rings but brass ones can fool you when you have gold fever! "Cleaned it in my rock tumbler with aquarium pebbles, half vinegar and half peroxide".... interesting, you didn't have any trouble with pressure building up in the tumbler? Cliff
Lol j crack the lid very slowly.....freaked me out the first time, also i cut back on the amount of liquid i use

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread