Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to an old spot we hunt and first hole I dug was a "55" wheatie. Was hoping for the double die when I saw it but when I cleaned it up :'(. After another 1\2 hr. I got a nice solid hit on the surface and as I stuck my shovel in the ground I spotted a glimmer. Just about had a heart attack when I reached down and plucked this out of the ground. All gold with a huge stone. Called my brother over (after a few explatives), and we were both freaking. "This can't be real". Well, as my luck runs, the ring is plated and I think the stone is glass, but I'm gonna bring it to a jeweler just to be sure. Nobody would put a real diamond in a plated ring this big, or would they? If it is real, the stone is about 2 karats. What's the resale on cubic zerconia these days anyway? On our drive out on this dirt road my brother says "HEY, that's a 20 in the middle of the road." So I stop and sure enough, on this old dirt road, in the middle of nowhere, a crisp 20 spot folded in half. So I guess the day wasn't a total loss. I can't believe he spotted it, let alone the denomination!

Attachments

• 4-25-2008 5;03;57 PM.jpg
    4-25-2008 5;03;57 PM.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 337
Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd take me a week of Sunday's to dig $20 worth of change! :D
Congrats on those finds~ 8)

Nana :)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry but that stone looks plastic. Its hard to mistake a real stone when you see one. They are like silver coming out of the ground. Crisp, clear, and don't flicker when moved through light. Should look like a spot of sunlight if on the ground as you walk past. Oh and your right they don't put real stones in fake jewelry 98% of the time. A lose CZ most likely won't find a buyer, but I don't even think that stone is CZ.

$20.00 now that's a find !!

Keep @ it and HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread