Ring Around the Cellar Hole.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. I got out of the field for a little turf hunting around an old cellar hole. I scored the old brass pocket watch frame here last night. Dug another not so intact Mason Jar lid, alarm clock back, aluminum coffee pot, UMC Club & New Club 12 gauge brass, Dudley Nickel plated brass bezel for a gauge? Also got a really cute complete tiny harmonica reed, an old silver plated spoon, a patented aluminum thingy that says "press down to remove basket". My best find of the day was the really cool old intact brass buckle. She's a beauty.

The sun headed over the horizon and I headed into the sand box field for a bit. I dug the old brass handle to "something"? Patina on it looks to be pretty old. I headed into the huge sand pit cellar hole for a bit and found the lost hack saw. Some Archies must have excavated this hole. It used to be filled with tons of agricultural scrap metal and various garbage. You can see where they had been digging like mad to recover much of the limestone foundation rocks to take away. Now it's pretty much an open sand pit. Still lots of trash metal targets laying around. I might have to begin searching this hole for a few keepers. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great week. Kurios1

Rocky's Cellar Hole Hill Buckle Score 010.JPG Rocky's Cellar Hole Hill Buckle Score 001.JPG Rocky's Cellar Hole Hill Buckle Score 002.JPG Rocky's Cellar Hole Hill Buckle Score 003.JPG Rocky's Cellar Hole Hill Buckle Score 004.JPG Rocky's Cellar Hole Hill Buckle Score 006.JPG Rocky's Cellar Hole Hill Buckle Score 007.JPG Rocky's Cellar Hole Hill Buckle Score 008.JPG Rocky's Cellar Hole Hill Buckle Score 016.JPG Rocky's Cellar Hole Hill Buckle Score 018.JPG Rocky's Cellar Hole Hill Buckle Score 013.JPG Rocky's Cellar Hole Hill Buckle Score 020.JPG Rocky's Cellar Hole Hill Buckle Score 023.JPG Rocky's Cellar Hole Hill Buckle Score 025.JPG Rocky's Cellar Hole Hill Buckle Score 028.JPG Rocky's Cellar Hole Hill Buckle Score 029.JPG

Upvote 7

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Just wondering what FEMA region is...lol..been watching for a while. Sounds like you have the same "type' of sites I do...

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done Kurios,, I really like the buckle.
You can practice on making Spoon Rings with those old plated ones. When you finally get a Sterling Silver Spoon, you'll be able to make a ring with no problem.
Congrats on your finds.

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool! I hope you start working it hard, there’s got to be some great stuff there. Congrats and HH

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wondering what FEMA region is...lol..been watching for a while. Sounds like you have the same "type' of sites I do...

Supplied a link about the FEMA Regions. I look for old stuff. Not necessarily coins but, just stuff that dates back to the history of whatever spot I happen to be hunting. Folks at this spot were around about 1840 or so. I'd like to find what they lost. Not sure if the buckle dates back that far or not? Having fun and getting my therapy is why I dig tons of garbage for a few ounces of treasure.:hello:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct...aw0c4zTXp3b995dQOzEzdK-Z&ust=1512439982711232

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I started out in public parks back in 2008. I have dipped my toes into the woods and field hunting over the years but, really love going into those areas more than hitting public or even private homes and such. I enjoy the solitude and since I talk to myself constantly I would rather not alarm the locals and have the fuzz called on me.:icon_salut:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread