Ring found

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A lady contacted me yesterday and asked if I would be able to look for two rings that fell off her finger while she was mowing the lawn. She offered a reward if I found them. I told her that I couldn't take any reward, but would be very happy to look for her rings for her.

I got permission to take a friend. After a couple hours of searching, I found the engagement looking ring laying on the ground. It's 14Kt and has 3 stones. Well, after a little investigation, the stones turned out to be moissanite, which is, in some cases nicer than a diamond http://www.moissanite.com/index.cfm .

I'm emailed her when I got home. Showed her pictures of the junk, coins and a couple possible CW items. Also showed her a picture of her ring. I cleaned it up and hopefully, she will be able to meet us at the same site tomorrow morning when we try to find the other ring. I'll give her back the one that I found today.

Hope we can find her other ring tomorrow. See seems to be more attached to that one. Sentimental value, I think.

Here's the ring:

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

Upvote 0

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job Bob!!! A beauty of a ring.
Hopefully you'll get the other tomorrow.
Watch out for that B|ker character if he goes with you. :wink:
Congrats,
Doug

OP
OP
rwsnc

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, Doug. I'll an eye on him :wink:

Join us if you like.

I've got to tell you that I thought about keeping it, but got passed it.

SpiderCoil

Jun 9, 2009
So. Cal.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QuickDraw II & someday an MXT300.
Sweet darn that is nice! Thanks for the link, moissanite is an interesting concept.

You said she was mowing, I would be checking the clippings too!

OP
OP
rwsnc

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, Spider... Yeah I checked the clippings and the low spots where the grass was a little taller. We'll try again tomorrow.

OP
OP
rwsnc

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sscindercoop said:
Very respectable not taking any money to find the rings.

Thanks. Maybe she'll be able to recommend us to others that she knows or give us some leads on other sites to detect. That's worth more to me.

dwayne sueno

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
se pro
Primary Interest:
Other
great bit of p.r. there rwsmc.
moissanite looks nice, but sounds a bit too much like masonite for my liking...
what is it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread