Ring in another Silver

GoGoGopher

Jun 24, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac - 11" Pro, 6" EQ2 coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A Friend and I started the day looking for some foundations in the woods about a quarter mile off the road. We found what we think was either an old house, or some industrial building...There were your common household items...Washer, Dryer, Stove, TVs...There were old cars that were stripped or torn to pieces...There were a LOT of old Genesee Beer cans and assorted bottles (all seamed). There was just too much trash and the ground was too soggy to hunt, so we moved on. We end up at a park on the river today...enjoyed the Ducks and Geese...the ground is highly mineralized here, and I had the GB knob set at 7 on the CZ 7a PRO. targets were spaced out all over the park...Most were between 4 and 6 inches deep. I decided to hunt a fence line along the edge of the park that had gates opening up into the park...I figured folks walked into and out of the park here, and money just had to be dropped. I found the 3 wheats in the same area, then got a loud coin hit at 8 inches...dug the 1942 Merc...Most of the day was just a bunch of clad, with mostly dimes being dug...I was digging the zincs in hopes of a silver ring, but found out that the ring rang up as a coins signal also (top of the scale), so I later notched out the stinkin' zincolns. Searched around the bases of a cluster of trees near a tot lot and pulled the .925 ring form 4 inches. It is missing it's stone, but it has a very interesting design...may have to have a new stone put in this one...Clad total for the day was $2.21 for about 3 hours of hunting...Down by the water was a lot of iron ore, so hunting was nearly impossible for me there.

10-13-12MercerPark-1.jpg

10-13-12MercerPark2.jpg

100_3250.jpg

100_3251.jpg

100_3253.jpg

100_3256.jpg

10-13-12MercerPark.jpg

HH,

Upvote 2

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice haul of loot! Silver is always nice! Good Job!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH! I know this ring! Found the exact same one before. It had a 15 carat stone in it! ;) Too bad yours is missing.

(Incoming!!! Run away!!!)

HH!

coinhound

Sep 26, 2012
Northwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra VX3, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Whites Prizm 5G, Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice haul. I'll take silver every day of the week with or without a 15 carat stone. Good luck.

Coinhound

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice silver triple G.......Silver keepers
works very well in the absence of gold.
Gold Nuggets :hello: