Ring in the scoop !

FLORIDA KEYS PIRATE

Mar 29, 2016
Inverness FL.
Detector(s) used
Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Five hour water hunt today. After an hour in the surf with zero targets , I discovered that I had turned my volume knob down to zero. [emoji30] After fixing that I dig a quarter right away. Then just 3 feet away I hear my second target , a deep low growl ! One scoop and I was looking at this beauty ! Sounded right , looks right , feels right , one problem..... ZERO hallmarks ! Nothing at all. Used a lit loop , and can't find a single mark anywhere. So for now I have to guess it's bling. I'll do an acid test tomorrow. To tired tonight. Tell me what you guys think. Is anything good ever not marked ? Or , does it look like obvious crappy bling to you ? Thanks for looking , and Happy Hunting ye scurvy dogs ! IMG_20170511_194226734.jpg IMG_20170511_194320935.jpg IMG_20170511_194154758.jpg IMG_20170511_194059003.jpg IMG_20170511_194112409.jpg IMG_20170511_194029455.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

Wiganer

Jan 30, 2017
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Whites dual field beast, with Anderson shaft.
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice ring. Just as indain Steve said, hallmarks can wear away. My 10 k wedding ring has done this.

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You went an hour without thinking that there might be something wrong??

After that length of wasted time, I hope this ring turns out to be real. LOL.........

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on a nice find! Any ring in the scoop is a real treasure! WTG! Tt

BTW That ring on your finger looks like the real deal. :)

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Doesn't look like this is the case with your ring but I had a worn shank replace once and they cut out the 14k mark in the process. Good luck.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found and certified an unmarked gold cross, not too uncommon with custom jewelry but that don't look custom.
Rare for a hallmark to be totally obliterated with wear, so odds are its bling.

Nice find nonetheless, I for one don't mind finding junk jewelry and have a huge box of it, many looking as good or better than yours.

OP
OP
FLORIDA KEYS PIRATE

FLORIDA KEYS PIRATE

Mar 29, 2016
Inverness FL.
Detector(s) used
Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You went an hour without thinking that there might be something wrong??

After that length of wasted time, I hope this ring turns out to be real. LOL.........

Yeah , the beach felt pretty sanded in , so I thought there was just to much sand for me to get a signal. But the real problem was I had turned the volume knob all the way down while draining the battery last time I used it. I usually never touch my settings. So after recharging it , I just turned it on and went to the beach. Forgot that I had turned down the volume knob. Anyway , yes , I felt like an idiot. Just glad I figured it out and ended up finding something good or not.

PI PETE

Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Excal_1000 / Whites VX3 / Shadow 2-Troy / & Infinium L-S/Garrett / AT GOLD
Primary Interest:

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah , the beach felt pretty sanded in , so I thought there was just to much sand for me to get a signal. But the real problem was I had turned the volume knob all the way down while draining the battery last time I used it. I usually never touch my settings. So after recharging it , I just turned it on and went to the beach. Forgot that I had turned down the volume knob. Anyway , yes , I felt like an idiot. Just glad I figured it out and ended up finding something good or not.

LOL..........Hey I didn't say I haven't done the same thing before, just not as long! :laughing7:

OP
OP
FLORIDA KEYS PIRATE

FLORIDA KEYS PIRATE

Mar 29, 2016
Inverness FL.
Detector(s) used
Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So , the acid test results are in ! Wish I had an an electronic tester , but I don't. The acid test shows that the ring is approximately 20kt white gold. No reaction from 18kt acid , but 22kt slowly dissolves it after five minutes or so. If the results have to be read in the first 30 seconds or so , I'd say it's probably closer to 22kt. And I hate to assume , but at that quality of gold , I would think the eight stones are real !
The weight is 2.9 grams. I'll take it !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Nice find. Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
It could be a foreign piece or an old piece, either of which could be without a kt mark. Either case, it looks like you found a fine keeper. Congratulations and Happy Hunting.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, what looked doubtful turns out to be good! Nice find!

canaddar

Greenie
Nov 2, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!

You can get a diamond tester for about $15 from a lot of sources too. Small, battery operated and gives you that quick check to see if it is the good stuff. If it is diamonds, you can bet that the metal is something decent as well. I keep one in my car for when I am too excited to wait to get home for an acid test....lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread