Ring number three for the year!

klopek

Oct 28, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Minelab Excalibur II
Ok, I got to go to Galveston's Stewart Beach again and put in a solid 5 hours of detecting. I came out with all this and I was able to get another ring :D This one is stamped 925 so I'm sure there cz's but man oh man did it make my heart skip when I pulled it out of my scoop!
I also got some good P.R. for our hobby . I had found a total of three sets of keys. I was detecting along when someone approached me and asked did I find any keys. I said yes, and was told a couple out at there truck had lost them and were waiting on a wrecker. I figured there was no way I had found there keys but I said what the heck. I walked over to the parking lot and approached the couple and asked had they lost there keys? The gentlemen said noway are you kidding I said no . He said You found my keys? I said I don't know take a look. He quickly identified them and was as happy as someone who hit the lotto! He tried to give me twenty bucks and a hotdog off his grill I turned both down but I did take a DrPepper for the road. He must have thanked me ten times.
June11_WEB.jpg

Cz_WEB.jpg

Upvote 0

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
What kind of detector are you using? Great job on the keys, ya made us all look good!

OP
OP
klopek

klopek

Oct 28, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Minelab Excalibur II
sorry about that . I was using a sea hunter mark II.

I put my detectors used in my profile right now :)

karib2517

Jan 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab X50 : Another world inches below us.
wow i like doing stuff like that,nice job.

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Pretty ring but I liked the story about the keys the best. Good Job! It's people like you that make us all look good and it's good to hear stories that turn out so well. WTG!

tonyweston

Greenie
Jan 14, 2006
I had a " young man you must help me find my apartment keys im locked out " the old lady was in floods of tears :'( so we returned to the area were she had been sunbathing , moved the sun beds and within 2 minutes the trusty scally piged and I scooped up her keys ! suddenly the tears stopped :o she snatched the keys, ta and she was off ! drama queen or wot !! ?? :o ::)
Yet i got totally the opposite treatment the other day (still on Magalluf beach) :), when a gang of men came to me asking me to search the area around their towels for a lost friendship band/braclet, " if you find it you can have all the change in my pocket matey " but sadly i found nothing ! he sadly discribed it to me, thongs of leather with silver and gold beads with a toggle type fastener, ;D bearing in mind the recent thread dont to tell them what you have found advice he was more than delighted when i produced the braclet from my finds bag :D :D i had only found it 2 hours earlier in the surf . My reward was enough to see him so chuffed to bits ,but his mates insisted he put his money were his mouth is :-[ he looked sick as he dug in his pocket cause he handed over a fist full of euros and shrapnell !! :'( it would appear he had welched on a bets before and his mates shamed him into paying up ;) ;)
thats the nicer side of detecting regards tony weston

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread