Detector(s) used
CTX-3030
XP Deus
E-Trac
F-75 SE
X-Terra 705
Cibola
Ace 250
Hunted several new spots Sat. with Dave and my new friend Pete who is Dave's kinfolk. Real nice fellow that is new to the hobby and is catching on fast.

I was swinging the 17" CTX Coil, fondly referred to by Dave as my "AWACs" Coil due to it's enormity. PCJoe got me hooked on using it and it paid off with a deep "V" and a 10"-12" deep Merc. I know that's hard to believe, but Dave assisted in the dig from the start and was also amazed. It sounded so good that I thought it was about 6" deep, but the depth registered constant at 10-12". The numbers were a bit low at 12-41 to 12-43 but I was pretty sure I had a deep silver.

Had a fun day and these are my finds...

1888 "V" Nickel
1939-d Merc
1915 Good Luck Token
Old Heavy Brass (or copper) Man's Ring with inset stone.
19?? Wheat Penny (still working on it)

This 1888 "V" is a somewhat rare date. It still has a lot of detail in the hair and you can still see a part of the word Liberty on her crown. If I can get it cleaned up, I think it will grade a VG-8 which has a value of about $40. I'm sure it won't bring that amount since cleaning older Nickels is tough.

Good Luck Token

Majestic Ranges
Malleable and Charcoal Iron
Gold Medal Highest Award
San Francisco 1915 Panama Pacific Exposition
also St. Louis, Portland, Seattle, Jamestown, Knoxville, & Omaha.

Thanks for looking.

Upvote 2

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow........ be ya can feel that puppy hanging out there after an hour or two. Congrats on the finds.:hello:

OP
OP
bigfootokie

bigfootokie

Apr 9, 2010
Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030
XP Deus
E-Trac
F-75 SE
X-Terra 705
Cibola
Ace 250
Wow........ be ya can feel that puppy hanging out there after an hour or two. Congrats on the finds.:hello:

Oh Yeah...The old shoulder ball and socket joint pops and aches for a few days after I swing that big boy 4-6 hours. I really enjoy detecting though...it's worth the pain. :hello2:

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds!!!

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice collection of finds! Fun day I'm sure! H Digs!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread