Ring spill

deepseeker3

Feb 6, 2010
Green Bay, WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We just started to get real warm weather, so I tried the A/C and it did not seem to be working. I called the repair place and they said they may be able to get someone out yet today but would call. I gave them my cell and left to do some dirt fishing.

Since I could not go far I was going to hit a park where a festival was recently held, but changed my mind as I drove past a smaller park. I had found a junk high school ring on a setback there several years ago and thought I would give it a try.

There were some clads, and a wheatie. Then I found my first silver of the year, the thin one with the heart that has been hit by a mower. I was pumped, first silver! Then I backtracked over where I had been, more towards the park, and got another 81 signal. Just two inches down I pulled out the ring with the purple stone. I was shocked. Then my cell phone rang and it was the A/C people saying they could come over now, so I said I would be there in ten minutes. I filled in the hole, but quickly gave a swing in the area as I was leaving. Another signal, right next to the ring hole. Moving quickly now, I dug down, and out comes the ring with the green stone! Two rings next to each other. A ring spill!

IMG_0203.JPG IMG_0204.JPG

I don't know what the threaded chrome gizmo with the hole in it is. I have found others like it, but it is a head scratcher.

The little ring is marked "Sterling". The other two "925".

Last edited:
Upvote 9

recondigger

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2012
Western New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garrett at4 beach hunter, bounty hunter,CZ-5,CZ-7, Minelab EXP SE, Garrett ACE-150, E-Trac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going on the rings! The aluminum thing you found I'm 98% sure it is from a Mary Jane pipe probably from a one hitter. Dig until your arm falls off

Attachments

• image-551309411.jpg
    image-551309411.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 551

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha, nice rings/silver !! :thumbsup: The threaded thing is definitely a pot (Marijuana) bowl/pipe cap. :laughing7: Technically illegal to own... Haha !! :find:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

Last edited:

s.tan

Aug 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! Wow! Never heard of a ring spill but it is a good description. Continued H.H.

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Both of those rings look to be of nice quality. You might consider visiting a jeweler to ask their opinion. Excellent finds!!!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice looking rings you've found!Thanks for sharing the story!

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Congrats on quick three-ring day! :occasion18::blob9::occasion18: And all are quality rings too. The silver one can be reshaped & repaired fairly easily.

You've just shown me I need to return to some former digs! :icon_thumright: Andi

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
I love it when your inner pirate takes you to the treasure. Congrats. 3 ring day is a dream hunt.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on a ring spill! Never heard of one. I wonder if a thief hid them or maybe just a child decided to be mischievous and bury big sis's jewelry box contents, lol. I must be getting old, because I thought the pot pipe part was half of a peephole for a door, lol! Thanks for letting us see.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet ring spill, and all 3 are silver!, congrats

toddsumm1

Feb 19, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro w/ProPointer/White's DFX 300/White's DFX/White's Eagle Spectrum/Radio Shack (Bounty Hunter)/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is awesome!!!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's nice when goodies come in multiples! Congrats on your ring spill!

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Nice finds! I have had the ring spill experience. Me and a friend worked a closed down condo plex with a pool. The pool area had just a small, maybe 70 x 50 ft grass area and we knew it would be a possible ring spot. I ended up with five silvers and as many junk rings. Funny thing was that four or five rings all came up together. I assume that these rings were washed to the area they were in with a hose and got all cobbled up together in the sod. Twas a fun day! The condo plex has re-opened, with no pool. That area is now a parking lot.

Now, gold or platimun?? HH ALL!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread