$ Ring

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
This morning I left early and even though it was raining lightly I wasn't too worried. After all... I was going to get wet anyway wasn't I? Well when I got to the beach and got out and ready to go.... I started hearing the thunder and seeing lightening in the distance. I thought well.... this is not good. I don't want to be out here with lightening. So very depressed I packed up and left heading back home. I can't go far from home so my choices of where to hunt are pretty limited at the moment. As I got nearer to home it started clearing up. Great! I might get to hunt for a while after all! I ended up at the same small beach I've been hunting quite a bit lately and wasn't expecting much but for the time I spent there I did pretty good.

MoneynJunk072009.jpg

I found a pretty little earring but it is junk. I don't care I like it anyway.

Earring072009.jpg

Then I found a ring. It's a $ RING. Boy, was it encrusted and black! I figured this was junk for sure. But....

Ring072009Sterling-1.jpg

Ring072009Sterling3.jpg

It says Sterling inside so I guess it's silver. I don't know if this is a "good" kind of silver or not but it's better than plain junk. Sorry I couldn't get a better shot of the inside of the ring.

Ring072009Sterling4.jpg

I even managed a couple coins for a total of 53 cents this morning. All in all.... a pretty good morning even thought it started out not so good. I'll take it! :wink:

Upvote 0

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep silver will come out looking pretty yucky if its been there for awhile

Kiwijohn

Dec 10, 2008
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Excalibur 1000 Garrett Pro Pointer
Yep... Good finds again mumszie :icon_thumright:
Most of the silver I find has been in the sand for a while and
is black. It's a great sight to see it shining again after a polish.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread