rings relics and coins oh my!

Auby

Jul 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Hunted an old park in San Diego tonight with my fisher f2 and found a few goodies! 1936 1946 and 1956 wheats decades in a row I found that funny! Also a 1953 wheat. I also dug a 1944 war nickel it being my first silver coin I was very excited but the silver didn't stop there! This ring is stamped fas 925 and it looks to be either tarnished or vermeil. I wonder if those diamonds are real... What do you guys think of the ring? Next was the relics And these are interesting. First is this broken cross. Can't tell what it is or how old it is or what it's made of but it looks cool and I like it! Last target turned up what either looks like a badge or pin and it says s.s. Pennsylvania on it. I knew it was reffering to a ship but I wasn't sure which one. There were three s.s. Pennsylvanias. One from 1872, another from 1896, and one more from 1929. Would like to know more about it and what it is and possibly what ship it was from. Could it be a sailors pin? Anyhow some very exciting finds for me and a great night hunt! I hunt at night using only my Garrett pro pointer for light and it works great. If anyone is in San Diego lets go hunt! Happy swinging folks

Upvote 3

ks coyote

Aug 30, 2012
Auburn Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX x 2, XLT, SL 90, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't help with the ID's but some very nice finds. Congrats.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds .

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those are some nice digs you have there. I'm intrested in the pin also, congratulations.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats Auby, looks like you found some nice keepers during the hunt, especially that silver ring!

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some nice finds and a beautiful ring out of the San Diego dirt!! 8-)

Last edited:

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Great Hunt! Congratz on your first silver coin and silver ring!!! I really like that SS Pennsylvania, post if you figure out which ship for sure. From the quick searches that I did, it would be the 1929 ship as it operated between New York and San Francisco.

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First off, LOVELY RING... I'd have been tickled pink to find it! Stamped 925, they "Could" be diamonds, but it's more likely they are other gemstones. Things like White Sapphire, quartz, or even synthetics are possible. Only way to tell for sure is to go get it tested.

That's the easy part. Any of the big box store jewelry places can do this for you. When I say "big box" I'm thinking places like Fred Meyer and Walmart kind of places. Places that have ZERO stake in not being completely accurate. While 99.99% of jewelers out there are quite likely honest, unless you personally have a relatinoship with a jeweler, or are willing to "pay" for an appraisal, a walk-in just seems much easier at a Fred Meyer/Walmart Jeweler. Mall shops are also pretty decent.

Here's hoping you've found diamonds, but really, it doesn't matter TOO much, since it's just an AWESOME ring anwyay!

OP
OP
A

Auby

Jul 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off, LOVELY RING... I'd have been tickled pink to find it! Stamped 925, they "Could" be diamonds, but it's more likely they are other gemstones. Things like White Sapphire, quartz, or even synthetics are possible. Only way to tell for sure is to go get it tested.

That's the easy part. Any of the big box store jewelry places can do this for you. When I say "big box" I'm thinking places like Fred Meyer and Walmart kind of places. Places that have ZERO stake in not being completely accurate. While 99.99% of jewelers out there are quite likely honest, unless you personally have a relatinoship with a jeweler, or are willing to "pay" for an appraisal, a walk-in just seems much easier at a Fred Meyer/Walmart Jeweler. Mall shops are also pretty decent.

Here's hoping you've found diamonds, but really, it doesn't matter TOO much, since it's just an AWESOME ring anwyay!

Thanks for the info! I would have to say I think it would be a long shot that they would be real, in a silver ring and all... But you never know. They look great however and I'm curious to find out the value of this ring. Walmart here I come!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread