RIP AC. (Arrowhead Cat)

antmike915

Silver Member
Apr 20, 2020
SW Georgia
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This is AC (arrowhead cat) We met around 5 years ago on one of my arrowhead hunts in Dothan, Alabama. I had a hernia surgery about a week prior and I was in a field not too far from where I lived so I wasn't in the best shape (my wife was mad at me for going) and from a distance I kept hearing faint meows. I decided to look around just to see what was going on,* making sure to see if it was a injured cat or kitten, but I guess he was a little shy at first. I decided to take a break so I sat under a shaded tree, for a cigarette and a drink of water and he decided to come up close to me; at first he was a little timid and kept his distance. I didn't feel like getting bit and scratched so I just got up and continued, I didn't find any whole points but when I picked up a heartbreaker Hernando I noticed he was following me. I continued walking and he continued following,* when I got back to my house he came with me and that was when he was loving,* Being the soft heart that I am I petted him, let him sit in my lap and gave him some ham/turkey/bologna and water (which he devoured) and went to buy him a bed. He would rarely come inside, and if he did it would only be for a moment then he would practically ram the door to get back outside.* He was walking besides me alot arrowhead hunting and with me when I found a good bit of my recent Alabama finds before we moved.*
* * * * * *When we moved to Columbus, Georgia I didn't think he would come with us, but he rode in the Uhaul truck with me and just sat still (no carrier which amazed me). Anyways, when we got to Columbus he acted the same way,* always wanted to be outside. Every time I would go outside he was there just wanting to hang out and be loved on, A week ago he started acting different (loss of appetite, looking spaced out, off balance at times). He was still loving through all this. I was able to examine him and found out that either a stray dog or a Racoon bit him. I thought it was a stray dog because I see some on occasion.* Anyways... last night I went out side to smoke and as usual he was coming up too me and half way he collapsed and died about 30 minutes later.*
* * * * * *This was one of the coolest cat's I have ever met, he hung out with me for a little over 5 years. It was cool that he followed me on some of my hunts and he came on his own freewill with us to Columbus; but the coolest thing of all was that I didn't find him, he found me. Thanks to everyone who is a animal lover and who took the time to read this.*
20200526_021941.jpg
20200526_021925.jpg
20200526_021958.jpg

OP
OP
antmike915

antmike915

Silver Member
Apr 20, 2020
SW Georgia
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I know this is a unusual post but I felt in my heart he deserves this and for his story with me be told. This might be strange but I consider him more of a friend than a pet.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for sharing the story about your pet with us. I am a cat guy myself & own 3, all rescues. Dog lovers are no different as we love our pets and mourn their passing. Thank you for being a kind person and giving the cat a good life. I'm sorry for your loss & know you'll miss him. God bless.

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
Sorry... Losing a pet is awful.

At least you got to say goodbye & know what happened, if nothing else that is better than wondering where your buddy went.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's tough stuff that I can understand all too well.

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rest in peace AC!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a great buddy to have....so sad to here hes gone.....hope your heart feels better soon my friend....its always so tough when they leave us.

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure he appreciated you leading the parade on your walks. Animals can be more comforting than humans sometimes if you know how to "talk" to them. It's so neat when cats go for walks with us because we expect it from dogs but cats just seem much more independent.

BTW- I have a customer that rescued 1-2 cats a couple of years ago that has grown to 20. (Litters before he could get them fixed.) He feels responsible for them now, is moving to town and wants to build a living space on his RV garage to protect and house them. Whoever says Green Barrett's can't have a soft spot don't know squat.

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry to hear about the loss of your feline buddy. They tend to leave footprints on your heart.

Hope you will consider another furry buddy when the time is right. There are always more that need a home.

RJGMC

SportsmanAll

Mar 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Losing a pet can be one of the worst things to experience. Thanks for sharing the story, and I hope you continue to have success.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
It’s tough to lose a little buddy. Animals have an awareness and are able to communicate and understand us. We bond with them deeply and they bond with us.
I feel your loss my friend and thank you for introducing us to AC.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about your loss. Words to the wise - if he didn't have an up to date rabies shot, I would call your doctor. He probably died of some kind of infection, as you said he had been bitten and what they call "dumb rabies" has an animal stagger and then die without all the other stuff you hear about on the news. I have had three pets over the last 40 years bitten by animals unknown and they were UTD on their shots and nothing bad happened.

Last edited:
OP
OP
antmike915

antmike915

Silver Member
Apr 20, 2020
SW Georgia
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks to everyone that took the time to read and post, it means a lot.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Antmike915 GREAT Story and so sorry for your loss. I would be honored to call you friend !!! Thanksforom the strays also

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
EQ800 (Stock Coil), Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm very sorry you lost a friend. Seemed like a cool cat-literally. It hurts to lose our furry friends. In a lot ways they are better than human friends. Unconditional love and all they want is the same in return.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I was a "Dog" person until Simon passed. It was so hard to accept. I missed the companionship, but I could not replace him with another dog, it just was to hard to think about. We had gotten Simon at the Animal Rescue League when he was 11 months old. We decided that maybe a white cat would help. We went to the ARL and they had a white cat who was a bonded buddy with a Black British Bombay. So we took them as a pair. They did not replace Simon, but they proved to me they were an important part of our family. Whether it be dogs or cats or something else, they provide us humans with an attachment.

antMike, back in 2018 I begun a post on pets. Many have posted both their current pets as well as pets who have passed. You are more than welcome to post some of AC on it as well as any stories you would like to share. Many on TNET are extremely proud of their companions, as you are with AC. :angel7: :angel1:

Sorry for your loss.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/pets/589348-post-your-pet-pictures.html

Last edited:

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry for your loss and it is a loss. Lost cats and kitten will often adopt someone they like. In our neighborhood there was one home not far where the family just moved and left a beautiful mature cat. The cat adopted a family that did not treat it well meaning not loving it or feeding or providing water on a daily basis. the can then moved away about 5 houses down across from our home adopted an older couple. Was a perfect match. When would go over he was always in one or the other person's lap. Cats need more than just food and water. The need love.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread