Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
When I retired and came home to the holler, Mom had an old cat Leroy, and I had Bowie & Missy - they were old too, middle teens. They passed one at a time. We'd get up in the morning and one of our critters would be laying in the floor gone forever. Leroy's passing nearly killed Mom - took the life out of her. A gal at the Farmer's Market tipped me off to 3 kittens and those kittens were all over Mom. Mom is 94 now and has a cat in her lap most all the time. Pets absolutely do have an enormous impact on our lives.

They're an "ingredient" which helps make life happy.

OP
OP
antmike915

antmike915

Silver Member
Apr 20, 2020
SW Georgia
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was a "Dog" person until Simon passed. It was so hard to accept. I missed the companionship, but I could not replace him with another dog, it just was to hard to think about. We had gotten Simon at the Animal Rescue League when he was 11 months old. We decided that maybe a white cat would help. We went to the ARL and they had a white cat who was a bonded buddy with a Black British Bombay. So we took them as a pair. They did not replace Simon, but they proved to me they were an important part of our family. Whether it be dogs or cats or something else, they provide us humans with an attachment.

antMike, back in 2018 I begun a post on pets. Many have posted both their current pets as well as pets who have passed. You are more than welcome to post some of AC on it as well as any stories you would like to share. Many on TNET are extremely proud of their companions, as you are with AC. :angel7: :angel1:

Sorry for your loss.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/pets/589348-post-your-pet-pictures.html

Thanks Simon1, I'll check it out.

OP
OP
antmike915

antmike915

Silver Member
Apr 20, 2020
SW Georgia
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
When I retired and came home to the holler, Mom had an old cat Leroy, and I had Bowie & Missy - they were old too, middle teens. They passed one at a time. We'd get up in the morning and one of our critters would be laying in the floor gone forever. Leroy's passing nearly killed Mom - took the life out of her. A gal at the Farmer's Market tipped me off to 3 kittens and those kittens were all over Mom. Mom is 94 now and has a cat in her lap most all the time. Pets absolutely do have an enormous impact on our lives.

They're an "ingredient" which helps make life happy.

I know what you mean Deep, My mom's Himalayan passed 4 months ago, He was 16 and it tore her apart, she wants another but she's the type that won't take just anything. She'll find one soon, glad your mom found some to keep her happy.

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"
This past winter we had a gray bullseye tiger stray living in our shed. Over the last few months I've fed her and gotten to the point where she would come and sit on my lap. I found out she had a chip using my vibraphone. So I knew she belonged to someone.
Last week I took her to our local shelter and they found the owner in an adjoining town who came and claimed her. If it doesn't work out I'm still prepared to take her.

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"
dads cell 056.jpg

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry to hear of your loss, Thank you for sharing the story. :icon_thumleft:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure you gave him the best 5 years of his life. By giving him food, and a loving home, you made him happy. My wife and I get our pets from Rescue's or Society's. They need good homes also.

Last edited:

Willee

May 6, 2009
Corpus Christi, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 ... Fisher CZ-70 ... Deus 2 ... Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great story ... yep the cats seem to know which people to pick.
Thank you for sharing AC's story with us.

here is my adopted stray kitten ... well now he is a cat.

Attachments

• blackie3.jpg
    blackie3.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 31

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread