Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two days ago I found a 1949 10k class ring. I posted it here on the old treasure net and au seeker gave me the info I needed to return it to the rightful owner. So kudos to you. So yesterday afternoon I gave the owner a call and left a voice mail with my contact info. I spent all day wondering if the owner would get back to me. Well he did this afternoon and he was touched and twenty minutes later I was sitting in his living room. I found out he gave the ring to his high school sweet heart and late wife there senior year of high school. She lost the ring soon after. But I found out that directly across the street from the river where I found the ring was his wife's childhood home. Now in his eighties and livng alone I was able to give this man one thing that brought back his youth and memories of him and his late wife. It was truly touching. He offered to give me money or something for returning his lost ring I told him the smile on his face was reward enough. So I'll all like you'd to meet Fred. Thank you for reading- justin

Attachments

• image-3779284773.jpg
    image-3779284773.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 152
  • image-2142033392.jpg
    image-2142033392.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 190
Upvote 18

AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's fantastic Justin!!:hello2:

It looks like Fred still had his good looks and I'm sure he very happy to have the ring back!!:icon_thumleft:

I'm glad I could help you find the owner. :happy3:

Last edited:

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are a good man Justin.

I wished Fred’s wife could still be alive to see her sweetheart’s ring returned.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job and great conclusion. I commend you for being a good person and bringing happiness back into this man's life.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

jcobb

May 23, 2008
Ft. Worth Tejas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030...AT Pro & Garrett Pro Pointer
Bounty Hunter 505 (Loaner)
Great story!!! Awesome person... We need more people in this world like you!

Congrats

genejrsilva

Aug 19, 2013
Great story, not alot of people would do what you did. Thanks for sharing. There are still good people in this world.

OP
OP
RelicDude

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you everyone for the kind words. When I found the ring I knew it wasn't mine to keep. And then finding the owner alive and getting to meet him was just awesome.

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for a job well done! Your actions made all of us look good. You can bet his late wife will be on his mind more than normal in the coming weeks.

NICE JOB!

RJGMC
HI BOB!

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a fantastic story, you are to be commended for doing such a wonderful thing by returning this ring. The memories that I am sure that ring brought bact to him is worth thousands more then the scrap value of the ring.
Job well done:icon_thumright:
ZDD

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
God bless you. Does my heart good to see a person take the time and effort to return something so meaningful to a person. Thumbs up to ya brother. :icon_thumleft:

whammy

Oct 23, 2012
Conquest New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, DFX, Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an awesome story and an awesome conclusion. Good on ya and you probably made his entire year. Good karma is sure to follow.

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Kudos to you. What a great gift of time you gave back to this man, sometimes its hard to do the right thing but good always comes from it. Youll be finding alot due to your act of kindness.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread