River finds

Arctica

Oct 19, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC, AT-PRO, ACE250, Home-made pinpointer
Last week we had a special opportunity to enjoy river hunting in this river which flows through our home town. They did some renovation work to the dam walls and the water power plants. That is why they shut the master dam and the whole river dried up.

koski1700.JPG

koski3700.JPG
First came the city workers who collected loads of old bikes, bar chairs and tables plus other junk (even a wheelchair..!) After them arrived an interesting mixture of people: some audience, some ”fishermen” (scooping fish with their little nets in these little ponds). Then came dozens of people making eye ball finds. We were a little bit late: when we arrived, all eye ball finds were already collected. However, there were something left for us treasure hunters:

kaikki800.JPG
Three silver spoons
Rings
Medals
etc...

haloo700.JPG
Ring ring... hello

haloo_2700.JPG
Ring ring hello part 2

-A-

Upvote 0

High Plains Digger

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2008
I never knew that someone actually got to detect the Truckee river. If they found 400 rings under the bridge, I wonder how many were washed downstream. That river can really get honking during spring melt. The Sierra Nevadas are right there and feed it. Good info! Perhaps the folk in Finland are a little more practical. But I missed the cell phone bit. Is that the ultimate break up----break up and toss the phone while they are still on the line? Man, that would be cold.

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahh, the stories all those phones and camera could tell! Great finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread