worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm about 50 foot off shore looking up river.

DSCN2016.JPG

Bees are really loading up.

DSCN2009.JPG
DSCN2023.JPG

When I saw this I immediately thought of RGINN.

DSCN2020.JPG

I'm assuming these are millipede tracks.

DSCN2019.JPG

I watched this guy home in on the worm he's eating,let it settle,the come up for air.

DSCN2032.JPG
DSCN2033.JPG
DSCN2034.JPG

Large Mouth hang out,as the minners get bigger they'll fatten.:laughing7:

DSCN2039.JPG

GOD Bless

Chris

Last edited:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The river is about right here. Not too high and not too low. It is nice to see honeybees!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Too high here. Water table is just inches under the surface....but then that's normal here. But the basement pump still keeps kicking on about every 4.5 hours @ 750 GPM per cycle (estimated). The other day it cycled one time in less than 2 hours. Shortly after, 3 hours 12 minutes. Sure getting tired of all this water all the time! ...But on a good note, the skeeters are LOVIN' it!! :BangHead:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Down here bees are sometimes not too cool. Hear about the guy out in Midland, Texas whose dogs were killed by africanized bees? Bit over 1000 times each, died at the Vet. He was stung 50 times trying to help them. Once had a bee problem with regular bees. called a bee guy who screwed around and couldn't remove them from my house(outside). Called another guy who sprayed something from a can and they all dropped dead. Only good bee is...

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Love the other pics though. If my foot ever heals I'm going back to bass fishing. Haven't been since 1986. Dad died in 1982 and I went once after that. Wasn't the same so I started traveling and eventually played golf all summer. Cool fish. Hope they do fatten up some...

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh c'mon now, Austin. My wife is DEATHLY allergic to stings, but she hates to kill them. She knows how vital they are to the eco-system.

Many of the wasp-looking bugs have no stingers. Carpenter bees or Bumble bees? One stings; one doesn't. Both are WONDERFUL for pollinating.

There's even a small wasp-looking bug that looks like it would hurt like Hades! However, it'll lays it's eggs in the larvae of other bugs - the kind you DON'T want.

Have learned a lot up here, as there are lots more varieties than I ever saw in Texas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread