H-2 CHARLIE

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2012
on the rocks - so cal county line
Detector(s) used
Gold bug pro / Minelab GM 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps thoroughly searching down stream of sight on shorelines before a major expense it could help narrow the search area and see if the treasure is broke up

dude start out simple , get a cz21 fisher and look for a few pcs and prove you are on to something . then a backer will join you for the hunt of treasure

OP
OP
A

Alikhan

Aug 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the Fisher CZ21, can one attach a long cable to the search coil and trail it behind the boat?

OP
OP
A

Alikhan

Aug 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The book says it was a little more than a bowshot. That should be 200 yds. Narrows things down considerably. No known creatures in the water. Major problem would be the silt. As well as getting the equipment. In the winter the river shrinks considerably

Truffles_EOD

Aug 4, 2013
Sarajevo
Detector(s) used
Started with Garrett AT/Gold, 2 x Scuba Tectors for shallow water while swimming along the beaches, now have Equinox 800 and starting to find decent items!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ouch! just realised there may well be other people close to those areas who can view threads like these and head to the locations... Alikhan, I have deleted the relevant info but have PM'd you I believe I can help as I know who your story pertains to.

Last edited:

Truffles_EOD

Aug 4, 2013
Sarajevo
Detector(s) used
Started with Garrett AT/Gold, 2 x Scuba Tectors for shallow water while swimming along the beaches, now have Equinox 800 and starting to find decent items!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Luck on this Alikhan, what a wonderful Adventure should you uncover the boat, which incidentally I can confirm is a true story...

Nice One :notworthy:

Yep, apologies Ali, although the photo was taken in 1929 and I believe after checking the satellite images it is no longer recognisable, best to take it down as you never know who may be viewing it from your area. (Thanks maipenrai)...

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Alikhan

Aug 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No one here who would be reading. Security area so special permission/contacts required that perhaps I can provide

elgatodelnoche

Aug 21, 2013
East Mesa, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Deepseeker ADS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think your best bet is going to be an experienced and proven dowser. First you should dowse whether the treasure is still in the river. That answer could save you lots of money, work, and heartache. Should that question return a positive response from the dowsing instrument, then you can proceed with further inquiries to establish the location, and depth. You can even dowse maps to ascertain treasure locations. But you must make sure you have a genuine dowser and not some charlatan.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread