Riviera Beach, Florida

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Anyone know why this beach is so special that metal detecting is not allowed? I mean, it is certainly not in a particularly nice area of Palm Beach county, it is not a pristine or historic beach, and yet, for some reason, they don't want folks digging little holes on their beach.

The strange thing is, they allow you to walk down the beach into the water and detect in the water.

I walked right past the lifeguard tower with my detector as I entered the beach. No one stopped me. I saw no signs prohibiting metal detecting. However, after 20 minutes of searching the "beach captain" rolls up on his dune buggy and orders me off the beach. Funny thing is, in that 20 minutes I had done a great community service by removing about a dozen pieces of junk metal off their beach.

Any other similar spots off limits in Palm Beach county?

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Hey Mad,
As far as I know all beaches, (except those under federal control ie: national parks, NASA, military, research stations and the like ) are public access and not under the control or whims of local yahoos. Correct me if I am wrong.
Aquanut

OP
OP
M

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The beach patrol captain said it was a city ordinance. Someone else on another forum told me that it was a law passed by the Riviera Beach city council. You can walk down the beach to the water and detect in the water, you just cannot detect on the beach. If each city along the coast of Florida has the capability to pass similar laws, we could all be in trouble!

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
riviera beach md.jpg

No metal detecting allowed per this sign.

Trent67

Mar 21, 2014
Davie, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill said it best. Rivera Beach is the rectum of the east coast. You are better off. Hunt another beach.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions