JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Whites PI Pro, Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I used to live in Miami, back in the 80's, that probably would have been considered assisted suicide.

Jack

chipveres

Jul 9, 2007
Hollywood, Florida
I work at 23rd street on the Beach. IF you have someone to keep an eye on you while you work, I would regard it as relatively safe. I could not advocate even being here alone after dark. You could be mugged simply for the pawn value of your detector.

Chip V.

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll never forget when I was a kid back in the 70's when I went with my Dad and my brother down to the keys. My dad had to stop for gas at one spot in south Miami, the guy that came out to put gas in the car had the grip of a .45 sticking out above the belt line. The hotel we stayed in that night had a sign on the door about the hotel not being responsible for your safety and how they recommended that you lock the door. There were like 5 locks on the door including a bar that slid down.

I imagine if you hit the beach at about 4 am all of the garbage will be tired and ready to sleep. They are like vampires, the moment that it is close for the sun to start to come out, they go into the shadows.

Take a buddy or two and watch each others backs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions