Road Trip 5/3/10

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
I had to dump some halves today and after doing so I decided to try a road trip. First road trip I had taken all year.
Every bank I hit the lines were almost out the door.Was it a run on the banks? I must have hit 5 banks in a row with these lines. I'd see the long lines,do an about face,and go onto the next one.
It has been so long since my last road trip that I forgot about check day at the beginning of the month.
I ended up in the boondocks where there were no crowds and no halves. So I decided to go for handrolled dimes. There was even a shortage of these, and I had to hit several banks just to get $260.00 worth.
I finished up about 1:30.
Here is what I got
1 Rosie
1 40% half out of a roll.
Not much,but it was a rainy day, and I had nothing planned, so it was something different to do.
HH
Rich

Upvote 0

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They can't all be great Rich, but you got something.
HH
enamel7

Kauka

Apr 22, 2010
not a bad roadtrip, even though it didn't pan-out like how you would've liked
guess it was busy today for ?check-cashing ?prep for cinco de mayo ?dunno

OP
OP
Rich Hartford

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Kauka said:
not a bad roadtrip, even though it didn't pan-out like how you would've liked
guess it was busy today for ?check-cashing ?prep for cinco de mayo ?dunno

I skip the mayo. I got food poisoning from it once. Thought I was going to end up planted.
HH
Rich

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
atta Boy, Rich, stick with it. You'll hit soon. I did the same thing today and got
3 40%ers. Had my dog, Riley, with me and he had fun in the car,
rileyboy

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
With the price of Gas now and the FACT there are soooo many people hitting Banks now asking for Halves Road Trips for Road Trips sake are OVER for me, I'm sticking to the meager Boxes for my Silver fix'es- maybe we will get another dream box; last year we had at least 12, 2 of them were over 500 .

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was at my CU yesterday 5/4 and there were several leaches on society in line cashing their welfare checks. I am sure they arrived on 5/3, these just didnt have means to get to the bank the day they got them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread