Road trip 6/22/12. Its still out there...

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...because I didn't get much of it. :laughing7: I had a trip all planned to a new area, but at the last second I got a bad case of the "what ifs" and decided, against my better judgement, to re-visit an area that was mostly unproductive the one and only time I had been through there. But that was about a year and a half ago.

On the positive side, I have never had a trip where everything went so smoothly. I didn't get "hung up" more than 5 minutes at any bank waiting for a manager, for coins to be retrieved from the vault, etc. I didn't run into any road construction, accidents, or anything at all that slowed me down. All banks were where they were "supposed" to be - I didn't have any issues with my map or GPS (its rarely off by more than a few hundred yards, but sometimes likes to take the "scenic" route :laughing7:) and therefore didn't have to spend extra time trying to locate a bank. Town #1 had 2 banks that opened at 8:30. Town #2 had 2 more - 1 opened at 8:30 and #2 opened at 9:00. I was leaving town #2 at about 9:05, so I got the absolute earliest start possible. The last bank on my planned trip closed at 5:00 pm and I walked in the door at about 4:55. So those parts of the trip went absolutely flawlessly. Round trip I travelled ~310 miles hitting 42 banks in 17 small towns.

On the down (and most important) side, I only found ~$1000 in halves and 8 clad Ikes to search. About $150 loose and 85 CWRs, about 65 of which were marked and apparently someone's dumps. The loose were all clad and the CWRs produced exactly 1 40%er.

Upvote 0

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow, I would go bonkers.

I try to road trip with a destination in mind, and take the side roads, with banks. And after a hundred miles or so, I am where I want to be. (other than my own home)

But, it could have been awesome, but unfortunately was not. Good determination though.

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better to give it a whirl and then never know. Next trip may be your biggest score to date.
HSH,
apush

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man, not good... keep at it, like apush said, your next road trip can be your biggest score to date :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread