Road trip nets first Ag dime

ancesthntr

Apr 15, 2011
Had to make a trip to a city about 70 miles from home yesterday afternoon. So, I figured "why not try a bank from a different area?"

I went to 2 banks, Chase and Woodforest. Didn't have much time, had to be home for the Mrs. to go somewhere. Anyway, neither had halves. I bought $160 of dimes at Chase, and Woodforest in Chinamart let me buy $50. I got a 1954-d (in pretty reasonable shape) from Chase, and got 10 rolls of String-wrapped 2011-d from Woodforest.

Not great, but it was my first dime in about $600 that I've checked. The silver REALLY stood out, it didn't tease me like the very tarnished rims of many mid-60's dimes do.

I will shortly be doing 4 boxes of halves per week, and in between I will do dimes. I'd rather do CWRs, but most banks that I've checked don't seem to have any, or very few. Still, the silver is out there in the wild, yesterday proved that to me.

HH

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing better than some good ol' AG... that is except for the good ol' AU...

Nice find! I remember getting my first silver dime in december...

:icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
ancesthntr

ancesthntr

Apr 15, 2011
Finding dimes doesn't seem, on the surface, to be too exciting...until you realize that 2 of them is only a tiny fraction of an oz. of silver less than 1 40% half. Suddenly, its not so little. Anyhow, I always skip a beat when I see some Ag mixed in with a bunch of copper - its like finding treasure. Well, it IS finding treasure, just not a whole chest full.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread