Road trip next week

mira263

Greenie
Mar 15, 2013
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm heading through about 375 miles of rural texas next week to visit my parents. About 4 towns with banks I can hit along the way. I know these towns too, all old ppl keeping the towns alive. Been through them my whole life, I'm thinking it should be a nice run. Maybe someone cashed in their grandparents stash without knowing!

Should I call them while I'm on the road and save myself a trip inside? Or just walk in and ask? I've looked at them all on a map, 9 banks total.

Upvote 0

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm heading through about 375 miles of rural texas next week to visit my parents. About 4 towns with banks I can hit along the way. I know these towns too, all old ppl keeping the towns alive. Been through them my whole life, I'm thinking it should be a nice run. Maybe someone cashed in their grandparents stash without knowing!

Should I call them while I'm on the road and save myself a trip inside? Or just walk in and ask? I've looked at them all on a map, 9 banks total.

Take a walk in, get to know the tellers a little! Maybe they'll give ya some silver? :-)
Happy hunting and good luck!
Wicka

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Road trips are my favorite way to CRH. I stongly prefer visiting the bank in person to calling them on the phone.

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't live in Texas but I have wiped out a lot of rural Texas towns. Feel free to email me your route and I can tell you what I found there and when. Call ahead always saves time, but you run the risk of getting a lady on the phone that might tell you no and they actually have some. Especially dealing with rural towns I have seen that time and time again, where the white haired lady will answer the phone and have no clue. Also FYI I have had silver cullled in front of me more in Texas than any other state, I lost 20 in face one time in a small Texas town so be careful what you say and how you approach it. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions