Road trip results

adambomb106

Jun 25, 2009
Midland City, AL
Last week I was passing throught the only small town within 75 miles that I haven't hit yet. When I asked for halves, the teller asks me why I want them. I give her the old "I look for the old ones". Well, she tells me somebody just brought in a bunch and she has $320 dollars worth. The other teller says that one of them looked very worn. I don't have enough to cover, so I go outside and hit the ATM. On the way back in I remember to ask for big dollars. The teller says she has some and pulls out 6 Ikes and 6 morgans. I almost fell out. I ended up with a solid roll of 40% and 6 morgans. Those were the first true silver dollars that I have pulled from a bank.

Upvote 0

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet finds, morgans are hardto come across. every now and then you might find one, 6 is just amazing!

gold eye

Jan 2, 2010
tampa fl
Detector(s) used
garret masterhunter 7x ace 250
Congrats on the Morgan's i know happy you where because i just got five peace dollars great feelling. Happy hunting RON

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Good score. I got a silver eagle in 2008 and a silver Ike last year. Never got a Morgan or Peace dollar.
HH
Rich

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
I never had that happen to me. What a stroke of luck. You never know where the next silver will come from. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread