Road trip to silver town - SOLID ROLLS!!!!

Syrys

Oct 2, 2010
Did a mega road trip on Friday. Had to drive almost 100 miles just to get to an area I haven't hunted yet, and it's an area I will be back to soon ;D One town in particular has 10+ banks, and I don't think anybody has ever hunted there before. Nearly every single bank had halves in the trays and in rolls, and some had been there for more than a year apparently. Even better, I scored at least 1 40% from almost every bank I went to.

My best score of the day came from a bank that had just 2 rolls. When I got to my car and opened them, I nearly fainted. They were both SOLID silver! All 40%s, but hey, I'll take them! Words can't describe that feeling you get when you open a roll and see only silver. Here's my totals for the trip:

[4] 1964
[2] 1965
[2] 1966
[24] 1967
[11] 1968
[9] 1969

A total of 52 silver halves, a good start to 2011 :headbang:

jan7.jpg

HH!
~Syrys

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Syrys

Syrys

Oct 2, 2010
suprdave said:
never tryed a road trip but i am thinking about it after reading this great suprdave

Road trips are pretty much a gamble with your time and gas. If the area around you seems to produce good, it's probably worth checking nearby towns as well. Start small and build yourself up to the 100+ mile trips. You never know what you might find!

Good luck if you do, and HH! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread