fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went on a 'Road Trip' yesterday with Mr. Okie Hillbillie, we cut through the back roads & he showed me the old school house his Mother attended in 1916, he is in the cellar.
We saw rock quarries, old bridge, creek, deer, picked up a load of 'scrap' to sell, visited a friend & bought some rocks & crystals, & coins.
Then after a nice evening meal drove back & saw a sign where the old 'Butterfield Stage' used to run through the area.
We had another 'good day', enjoying the back roads of OK.

Fossis...............

Attachments

• Road trip Today 003.JPG
    Road trip Today 003.JPG
    466.5 KB · Views: 391
  • Road trip Today 002.JPG
    Road trip Today 002.JPG
    494.2 KB · Views: 402
  • Road trip Today 008.JPG
    Road trip Today 008.JPG
    283.9 KB · Views: 391
  • Road trip Today 009.JPG
    Road trip Today 009.JPG
    483 KB · Views: 388
  • Road trip Today 010.JPG
    Road trip Today 010.JPG
    332.8 KB · Views: 390
  • Road trip Today 013.JPG
    Road trip Today 013.JPG
    285.3 KB · Views: 384
  • Road trip Today 011.JPG
    Road trip Today 011.JPG
    313.3 KB · Views: 388
  • Road trip Today 014.JPG
    Road trip Today 014.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 383
OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Road Trip Today

naturegirl said:
My kinda day, my kinda place! :icon_thumleft:

Thanks, ours too.

Fossis..............

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sounds like a great day. Wish I could have been there. Did you detect that old school? There could be some really nice relics there.

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ThTx said:
Sounds like a great day. Wish I could have been there. Did you detect that old school? There could be some really nice relics there.

We just took a side road, he asked will we get lost?
I said "I don't care we have a full tank of gas & nothing but time". :thumbsup:
We will have to see the local man who owns it to get permission.

Fossis............

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Miss that part of the country, Fossis. It may be a little far north, but have y'all ever went up to Iron Bridge and looked around. Lot of civil war activity in that area years ago. There was a military encampment over by Brooken, north and a little west of Enterprise. (may be under the lake now) Another one out in a field south and east of Porum, probably on private property. I don't think much research has been done on any of those sites, unless somethin came up recently.

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
Miss that part of the country, Fossis. It may be a little far north, but have y'all ever went up to Iron Bridge and looked around. Lot of civil war activity in that area years ago. There was a military encampment over by Brooken, north and a little west of Enterprise. (may be under the lake now) Another one out in a field south and east of Porum, probably on private property. I don't think much research has been done on any of those sites, unless somethin came up recently.

I had a friend who wrote for several 'Treasure Magazines', we ran together for 17 years, he has been almost everywhere you could find any info on, he even detected around Sequoia's 'salt works', found an old plow that was possibly hand forged by him.
He hit the 'old stage stops', whatever he could find, so it's 'tough' to find much around these 'Hard Core' hunters. :-\

Fossis.............

S

seger98

Ever look for arrow heads in that river you have pictured there? Nice place to look around I would think.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seger98 said:
Ever look for arrow heads in that river you have pictured there? Nice place to look around I would think.

I thought the same thing.
Fun day Fossis
thanks for sharin

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
Haven't replied to your posts in a while, but have to tell you how much I appreciate them. Thanks Fossis!
God Bless
Muleskinner

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seger98 said:
That was my first time there, it is all 'private property', so no looking there.

Fossis.............

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TnMountains said:
seger98 said:

I thought the same thing.
Fun day Fossis
thanks for sharin

We did look around a picnic table on the bank, found a 'bic lighter', it works, & a piece of a broken car jack.

Thanks, Fossis............

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
muleskinner said:
Haven't replied to your posts in a while, but have to tell you how much I appreciate them. Thanks Fossis!
God Bless
Muleskinner

You bet.

Fossis...............

cdltpx

Jul 6, 2009
Galvez La 70769
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/2 coils BH 2 coils/ Garrett pinpointer.
Outside Guthrie there is a job corps at least there was one when I was 16 now I'm 41. But I saw some of those JJ symbols there when I was 16 the same ones the TV program on history channel had. I remember them BC the symbols looked like a boat company logo from back home in Louisiana. Any who according to the TV program you find the Jessie James symbol and you will find more jars of silver dollars and perhaps a mother load from a bank robbery. There is some of that sandstone just like in the program It was on the way to a creek north of the convent where the job corps was and we would walk to the creek to swim we would jump off an old bridge that had an old car in it a model t or something like that.

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cdltpx said:
Outside Guthrie there is a job corps at least there was one when I was 16 now I'm 41. But I saw some of those JJ symbols there when I was 16 the same ones the TV program on history channel had. I remember them BC the symbols looked like a boat company logo from back home in Louisiana. Any who according to the TV program you find the Jessie James symbol and you will find more jars of silver dollars and perhaps a mother load from a bank robbery. There is some of that sandstone just like in the program It was on the way to a creek north of the convent where the job corps was and we would walk to the creek to swim we would jump off an old bridge that had an old car in it a model t or something like that.

That would be a good place to do some 'poking around' for sure, I found one name carved into sandstone locally while working for the 'Runestone lady', Gloria Farley, it was (Will Brown), no date, on a hugh slab of stone in Cameron OK.

Fossis.............

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like an adventure, thanks for sharing the pics. Hope you can get to detect that schoolhouse. It certainly looks promissing. :icon_thumright:

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
fossis said:
I found one name carved into sandstone locally while working for the 'Runestone lady', Gloria Farley, it was (Will Brown), no date, on a hugh slab of stone in Cameron OK.

Fossis.............

Oh wow, you never told me that story. Got any pics of that??

Looks like y'all had a nice day out, good pics!!!

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DigginThePast said:
Looks like an adventure, thanks for sharing the pics. Hope you can get to detect that schoolhouse. It certainly looks promissing. :icon_thumright:

You're Welcome, we hope so too.

Fossis.............

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
scotto said:
fossis said:
I found one name carved into sandstone locally while working for the 'Runestone lady', Gloria Farley, it was (Will Brown), no date, on a hugh slab of stone in Cameron OK.

Fossis.............

Oh wow, you never told me that story. Got any pics of that??

Looks like y'all had a nice day out, good pics!!!

The land is now 'posted', so can't get pic's. :(

Fossis.............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread