road trip

snappy

Jan 23, 2007
sidney montana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I had to go to walmart so decided to hit most of the banks I could (in walmart town) took all each bank had One bank had 500 in a bag that they had to roll before selling (I offered to buy with out rolling). I was thinking it must be because that they search them however my best rolls came from that bank. I will go back they said it would be two weeks or so before they get them down.

Best roll a 35 walker, 61 franklin and a 64 all in one roll. Ben was walking with john in a sliver field.

I got $1800 in half's total but did not start searching until I was on the trip home. The last bank I hit had 430 and they were the first we searched. They were all marked rejects. Started to think the town was hunted out. But things got a lot better

Here are the totals
1 franklin
1 walker
7 64's
6 67's
8 68's
2 69's
1 gold 1983 with 1980 stamped into it in 2 spots. (anyone ever see these?) opened the roll and saw it and was like WTF?
1 1976s proof (non silver)
1 74d double die. (now that I have one I will stop looking to hard)

Before I get the half's I ask for 2 rolls of dimes it allows me to talk to the teller and show her how nice I am ect. This often makes them more willing to search for every half in the bank.

1966 Canadian
1960 Rosie

my main computer is in the shop so I cannot post pictures at this time. Not a bad day.

Upvote 0

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a bad day at all. Those plated halves with the stamping in them are pretty common. I just say, hmm another, and throw them in my reject pile.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions