Road Trip

ggossage

May 18, 2009
Eastern Nebraska
My girlfriend and I will be taking a trip to avoid the frozen winter ground here in Nebraska (I recently retired from the Air Force so I have time on my hands)....I've got my sights set on Louisiana both because of Louisiana's warm temps and its history. I hunt with the XP Deus and my girlfriend uses the DFX; I've been hunting for 15 years and she's been hunting about 4 years. We plan to spend a week or more in the state--and how long we stay in one area depends upon the finds. We prefer to hunt for old coins--I'm not discounting the value or fun in finding relics or modern jewelry, but old coins are what gives us a thrill.

I'd like to be in your state by the 21st of January and wondered if anyone was interested in getting together for a hunt--please keep in mind that while I've done only a small amount of historical research, I haven't gone so far as to acquire permission for any private properties--whether you share your sites with us is up to you. Anyway, if you're interested in meeting up when we come through next week, please send me a PM with your contact info and I'll promptly send you mine.

Thanks, Greg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread