Road Trips

jonhls

Nov 10, 2006
I am going visiting friends in lower michigan next week and am gonna do a few road trips while i am up there.Was curious who has done road trips lately and with how much sucess.Did you get more loose or rolled,bagged or boxed.NOt sure how i will do this trip but have had a few decent roadtrips in the past.My goal is 2000.00 customer returns but i doubt i get that many,not sure how many banks are in thare or if anyone else hunts around therer....thanks for any replys

Upvote 0

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
Road Trip Advice

Visit Every Bank you come across,no bank is too big or too small.
Go into the bank(don't be lazy like me and use the drive thru)
Go to Google Maps and type in "Banks in Michigan" It will probably give you 10,000 or so. You can narrow your search by zip code or city. It will then give you the closest banks to your search parameters.
You then have all the addresses you will need.
If you have GPS, just plug in the address and off you go.
Dispose of all traces of Coin Roll Searching when done for the day.
Nothing says break-in like a back seat full of wrappers.(Okay I admit it,I'm a slob)
If the banks are friendly, you might leave them your cell number to call you if anything comes in.

All of these tips have benefitted me in the past 2 years.
With gas prices down to a buck fifty, road trips are more tolerable.
Good Luck, Jim

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
jonhls said:
I am going visiting friends in lower michigan next week and am gonna do a few road trips while i am up there.Was curious who has done road trips lately and with how much sucess.Did you get more loose or rolled,bagged or boxed.NOt sure how i will do this trip but have had a few decent roadtrips in the past.My goal is 2000.00 customer returns but i doubt i get that many,not sure how many banks are in thare or if anyone else hunts around therer....thanks for any replys
LOL! Good luck hitting lower Michigan. Every time I road trip I run into the notorious "CDH". Their initials are on every roll dumped from lower mich to the Indiana/Ohio border. Always burns me! If ya do, good luck anyway. AMC

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
Yeah Coolpix hit the a bunch of the main points .. I google the town/city that I am going to and then I call them all and if they have any halves I write down the address ( no GPS ) it saves a bunch of time instead of stopping at every bank.... best of luck and happy holidays , Ed

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
John

I am in lower Michigan This is a big state with 4 million people in the Detroit area known as th tri county area. There are probably 5,000 banks in the tricounty area alone but some areas have as many as 4 banks on a single intersection. so lots of banks to search. But lots of coin roll hunters. and our economy has been depressed for years unlike areas of the country that buy foriegn cars?

If you don't agree with buy american or bridge loans, STAY OUT OF MY TOWN OR I WILL........ LOL

I used to do road trips and cold calling with some sucess and you might have some luck, but lately I get... "somebody cleaned us out the other day" or "do you have an account with us?" anyway

We dont have bagged coin. in my area the only way to get bagged coin ic a CU that has a coin counting machine and you need an account none of the regular banks hjave doin counting machines and banks outnuber CU's 20 to 1 around here.

Don't forget to search banks in Detroit proper there are lots of banks and most of the area is old....

What area are you from. I might want to come down and search the banks in your town......LOL

Mojo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread