tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've not gazed upon that landmark in a long time. Nice to see it's still there.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sure is a beautiful picture...wow...like a painting...thanks for sharing it!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Please post more of the area when you can. It has been many years since I have been there.

TrashFinder

Mar 11, 2013
51st state - Jefferson
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000, Whites Treasure Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Click on your original picture (top of this page,) and you notice the "gravel" is red? Yes - it is volcanic cinders - pavement is red in places and the cinders spread on ice and snow are red. Lava flow at the next curve that Highway 97 goes around, heading towards Weed CA (yes that is the name of the town, named after Abner Weed) and I-5. There is potential for treasure hunting on the original railroad grade but - it is now all private property, and access would be difficult. That grade was abandoned in the 1920's. Lots of rattle snakes, loose cattle (county is open range - fences are to keep cattle out, not in), and dead deer along the roads from all sorts of vehicles colliding with them. Did I mention bears?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread