Roadtrip + normal boxes (thurs and fri)

Seagates

Feb 7, 2009
Well yesterday I went on a mini-road trip and after 1295.50 i came out with my FIRST Ben - which was pretty cool but my only silver of the trip. I also got a Serenity Prayer Coin that is almost the same size as a half - I think its made of pewter or something, and 1 NIFC. So my road trip wasn't as fantastic as everyone else's.
Road trip breakdown!

Bank#1 No halves
Bank#2 No halves
Bank#3 No halves
Bank#4 No halves
Bank#5 $40 in rolls, 2 hand rolls 2 machine - Skunked
Bank#6 No halves
Bank#7 $21 Loose halves (The lady went around to every tray and pulled like 2-7 dollars from each tray it was pretty nice of her) but was a complete skunk
Bank#8 No halves
Bank#9 $20 They had more but told me that they could only sell me $20 dollars worth....
Bank#10 $10 in hand roll This is where my ben came from
Bank#11 $750 Someones Dump, 500 was in a canvas bag so i thought cool and then the other $250 was hand rolled and i figured that part might be a dump but i bought it all anyways.
Bank#12 $4.50 loose halves - Skunked
Bank#13 $450 in machine rolls (this is where the serenity token came from)
And I was out of cash so headed home :)

So Friday I cashed all that in, brushed the stinky smell off, withdrew some more money, and went and picked up the 3 boxes i had waiting for me.

Box#1 2 40%ers 3 Nifcs 1 Super Damaged proof that i threw back
Box#2 8 40%ers 1 Nifc and a Chrome or Gold plated coin that is counterstamped 1960 on one side and 1980 on the other
Box#3 Skunk on silver 1 Nifc

Was pretty darn fun except after reading everyone else's road trips I kinda expected more out of it but was pretty neat finally getting my first Ben.

Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well that road trip definitely stunk!!!! But at least you got your Franklin!!!! :thumbsup:

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Seagates little road trips usually produce little. You have to go big to get big. That is how I pull in the silver on the road trips. But good find on the Ben.

Golden Silver

OP
OP
Seagates

Seagates

Feb 7, 2009
it was about a 70 mile (one way) trip going through i think at least 6 or 7 diff small towns. I wish i had more capital to do it large :P

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
That was a decent trip but if there is little to pick up then chances are there will be little silver found. That is just the facts ya know. Better luck next time.

Golden Silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread