JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The waterfalls are from a hike in the Wild Basin area of Rocky Mountain National Park. The others are Black Canyon of the Gunnison NP. The Black Canyon is incredible, it's my new favorite place.

_DSC0320 - Copy - Copy - Copy (1024x937).jpg _DSC0351 (885x1024).jpg _DSC0647 - Copy (906x1024).jpg _DSC0660 (3) (880x1024).jpg _DSC0669 - Copy (3) (1280x848) (800x530) (800x530).jpg

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! Awesome pics!! I "especially" like the 2nd pic!!

"The Black Canyon is incredible, it's my new favorite place."
I can certainly see why. :notworthy:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice. We get a season pass for RMNP. I've never been to the Black Canyon in all the years I've lived in Colorado. I guess I better go see it sometime. I've only stayed in Montrose maybe 100 times in all the years as a peddler on the road.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those are some REALLY nice pics! It is almost impossible for me to not photograph waterfalls. Just about my favorite local place here has 22+. Your last ones give me vertigo

OP
OP
JunkShopFiddler

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice. We get a season pass for RMNP. I've never been to the Black Canyon in all the years I've lived in Colorado. I guess I better go see it sometime. I've only stayed in Montrose maybe 100 times in all the years as a peddler on the road.

Hey, Tamrock. I saw the Black Canyon on one those websites that says something like "The top ten best National Parks no one visits". They were right, it was fairly deserted, so quiet you could hear the white water rapids from the floor of the canyon 1800 feet below. You can hike to the bottom but a ranger told me there is no official trail and my wife and I weren't prepared for such a rugged adventure as that, so maybe next time.

CanSlawKing

May 9, 2016
Longmont, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics! Which direction did you enter BlackCanyon from? If you entered from the Crawford side (the more scenic route), you drove right past my family's home on Black Canyon Road. Just in case you cared.

OP
OP
JunkShopFiddler

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great pics! Which direction did you enter BlackCanyon from? If you entered from the Crawford side (the more scenic route), you drove right past my family's home on Black Canyon Road. Just in case you cared.

Thanks CSK, we were on the South Rim and planned to do both sides but stayed so long on the South Rim it got dark. The hotel was in Colo Springs and driving across the mountains on US 50 in the middle of the night...that was a real whoopin' for sure!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions