robb5215

robb5215

Jan 31, 2013
ravenswood wv
Detector(s) used
white eagle garrett gti2500 white spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have not done much serious metal detecting for about ten years. Have a white eagle i sent back to whites last spring for recalibration and an old white I believe its a spectrum (not sure if it works) I am looking to upgrade. Mostly coin and relic hunting with a little beach hunting. What is a good detector for general use that I can get good depth with? And how much can I expext to spend? Like I said I have been out of hunting for awhile but with spring I want to get serious. Thanks

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your Whites are old then my 6000Di must be ancient! Welcome to the forum.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ones you have will work fine under most conditions but for added depth and wet sand hunting, it's hard to beat a Minelab E-trac. It will do everything but go under water. There are a lot of specialty coils available too for specialized use. Nothing wrong with the V3i from White's also but I think the E-trac does a bit better in the wet sand. There are others that are almost as good for less, like the Garrett AT Pro or Gold but they're not any better than your Spectrum on land and not as good as the E-trac at the beach.....at least in my opinion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread