Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'Robin Hoods' who feed parking meters are hit with lawsuit in New Hampshire

The city of Keene says its three parking inspectors have been taunted, insulted and followed by the group — to the point that one of them says he has suffered heart palpitations and is thinking about quitting his job.
In its lawsuit, the city is asking a court to order the group not to come within 50 feet of the parking inspectors. :laughing7:

'Robin Hoods' who feed parking meters are hit with lawsuit in New Hampshire - U.S. News

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Here in Roseburg, OR they were loosing too much in fine money because good people would feed the meters, me included, sometimes when the guy was getting out his ticket book. Now there is an ordinance that gives them the right to fine you for doing that. I forget what they say you are doing, but it's something like improper use of someone else's property. If it's your car you can still drop the coin in front of the guy, but not for a stranger. And the city wonders why people don't shop down town. There are some places the store owners pay the bill so there are no parking meters, but I'm soured enough, and a big enough bone head that I won't go down town to shop anymore. To late now, even if they take out all the meters, I just don't go there, they've pretty much shot themselves in the foot on that issue.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They will just need to stay away from the parking officials by 50 feet, but still can feed meter's. I wish that every time one of my clients give me heart palpatations, I could sue for relief, I just have to suck it up and go back to work! Must be I need to be a public employee.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The city manager went on tv and said it wasn't about revenue loss. Yeah right! Spoken like a true politician.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the only thing I see wrong is, If they are harassing them

"taunted & insulted" perhaps they could be charged for that :dontknow:

But I don't think it's fair too arrest them for doing a good deed .

Now "Robin Hoods who scamper around the streets".....

except when it's female children, scampering should be illegal !
When I picture a grown man "scampering" ? run playfully about, as a child.
that is not Normal. at the very least a straight jacket is called for
:icon_scratch:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions