rock carving in western WA

dank

Mar 18, 2009
Olympia Wa
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey guys, i love this site. after reading some of this stuff it made me remember a carving i once saw, so i went and took a picture of it and though i would see what you all think. its carved in a piece of granit thats about the size of a car. it is about a mile in from a saltwater beach in the lower Puget Sound in Washington State. also its in a wooded area. the area beach line has lots of history to it.
well what do ya think?

update, MORE PICS ADDED!!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 749
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 772
M

mankind

Wow!! I cant believe no one has commented on this!! I think it is pointing to a stage coach stop near hoodsport?

OP
OP
dank

dank

Mar 18, 2009
Olympia Wa
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mankind said:
Wow!! I cant believe no one has commented on this!! I think it is pointing to a stage coach stop near hoodsport?

lol well thats pretty specific for a round hole with a line under it. but seriously anybody know what that means.. ill post more pics..

OP
OP
dank

dank

Mar 18, 2009
Olympia Wa
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here ar somemore pics and the area its in.

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 683
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 686
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 665
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 672
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 686

goldguru

Aug 24, 2005
Def interesting..
But im goin to say you are goin to need a better camera..(cell phone not gonna cut it)
then take pic's of all the flat sides including the top as well as the rock you are standing on.

Most certainly looks like a drill hole started there but due to lack of pixels kinda Hard to see anything else.

BTW welcome to T Net.
do a lil reading on Juan Jose Josee Perez Hernandez,Captain Don Pedro Alberni,Francisco de Eliza y Reventa,
Manuel Quimper alias San Miguel with piolets Lopez de Haro and Juan Carrasco, Jose Maria Narvaez,& my personal Fav,Bodega y Quadra.
You may find a surprise,once u find the correct Capt..

OP
OP
dank

dank

Mar 18, 2009
Olympia Wa
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow Goldguru that's was a lota interesting stuff, those guys you mentioned were defiantly in the area but not sure if they came that far down into the Puget sound. but that lead me to this info.
best i can find is someone from the Royal navy was there in the 1790,s but the area wasn't settled till the 1850,s when missionaries set up to convert the Indians to Christianity. be for all this, all i can find out is that theres alot of native American Indian activity that dates back thousands of years.
i will get some better pics up as soon as i get out there again.
THANKS.

goldguru

Aug 24, 2005
NP
& dont kid yerself on the dates U find listed.

most of P/S was charted in the 1780's.

Long before the brit's showed up..ref 2 My Fav..lol

oh-6a

Tenderfoot
Feb 2, 2009
Nice find! the fact is the spanish had settlements at Port angeles 1790, and Neaha bay 1791,and the name Strait of Juan Fuca was named for a navigator of a spanish expedition in 1592.and Sir francis Drake was in the area 1579,also another web site has a reported find of gold bars w/spanish markings w/date 1704 found on Vancouver is B.C

OP
OP
dank

dank

Mar 18, 2009
Olympia Wa
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
havent tried digging under it yet, i cranked my detector up to see if it would get anything, and nothing. so if its under the rock its outa my detectors range.
still havent made it back out to get better pic's yet. but will post when i do. thanks again.

tertiaryjim

Aug 5, 2008
Dank- I dont know how to interpret symbols but would like to suggest that if you take the trouble to go back there , Look over the area for several hundred yards for other signs. If you find more they confirm the first. Jim

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Dank,
I am looking forward to a bigger picture.
As it sits it is hard to give any definite diagnosis.
While you are out look in a circle about 30 to 50 yards out from this rock.
there should be more signs within that range if Spanish.

Thom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions