OP
OP
Mr.Jody

Mr.Jody

Jul 6, 2008
florida and everywhere....
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5 Quicksilver
Yeah, seems alittle odd to me, I was looking for an area when I just happened to look around me and seen ths......hmmmmmm better pics are for sure coming.....

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr. Jody:
Those pics don't look too bad as they are. Especially for cellphone shots. In the second one, that one area to the left that I've circled looks artificially "adjusted". I tried different methods of lighting and contrast with PShop and that area stood out, no matter what I did.

jody12.jpg

OP
OP
Mr.Jody

Mr.Jody

Jul 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5 Quicksilver
Shortstack,
I dunno what it is...going back tomorrow for "scouting".Anything I should look for?Like I said, I was on the "hunt" for something else when I found this......

hadji009 ,
where is a horse ??

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MJ:
When you go into an area, just be open to unnatural things. Nature can make somethings that look artificial, but is still not as good at it as man. Our eyes can usually "pick out" lines, angles, geometric shapes, etc. Just be ready and "open" to seeing things. If you investigate and find out something is nature made, then move on.
Record everything you see with a camera. I can AMOST promise you that you'll spot things in your photos, while sitting comfortably at home, that you missed seeing while out in the field. You will never see EVERYTHING on any one outing. That's been proven over and over again on these forums. I'm sure you've seen things in your life that just didn't "look right". Well, that's the "eyesight" you'll need.

Now, I THINK the horse hadj spotted is the one that's lying down on top of the ridge in your second photo. It's muzzle, head, and upper neck form the hoyo. (that big hole)

minetres

Mar 13, 2008
Jody,

I have seen these before here in New Mexico. The area circled in yellow is also an eye catcher and locater go over to that spot and look below, there will be more information and if not than you are at a mine/Treasure site. The eye to the right is telling you there is a trail there to a mine.

Minetres

OP
OP
Mr.Jody

Mr.Jody

Jul 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5 Quicksilver
It that second pic I posted, and this is coming from someone who has no idea what anything is...it looks like a wolf kneeling down takeing a drink also. the long part that is facing down looks like the end of a dog or wolf nose in a water pale or something.........lol

OP
OP
Mr.Jody

Mr.Jody

Jul 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5 Quicksilver
more pics.......ok, I look and these are crappy pics, had to go because of the rain was moving in hard...will be more later!!!

Attachments

• rocks2.JPG
    rocks2.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 1,113
  • rocks1.JPG
    rocks1.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 1,107
  • rocks3.JPG
    rocks3.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 1,119
  • rocks4.JPG
    rocks4.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,098
  • rocks6.JPG
    rocks6.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 1,110
  • rocks8.JPG
    rocks8.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 1,097
OP
OP
Mr.Jody

Mr.Jody

Jul 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5 Quicksilver
I didnt get a pic of something I seen when I was there because of the rain, but, I seen some markings on top and could tell it was older than dirt itself.Had moss growing over it.Kinda hard to explain. but something like this...()------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
() ...the marks stacked on each other,just picture that design but all hooked togetherI know I know, making everyone mad and frustrated that is reading this, sorry.. better pics coming!!!

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Jody,
Just take as many shots as you can from every angle and stop worrying about the right or perfect shot.

One day when you get home you will review the pix and realize you have it.
Don't sweat the small stuff, ... someone asked me once, about how they would know if it was big stuff...
Told them I would let them know when I ran into big stuff.

Stay safe my friend.

trailseeker4

Mar 21, 2010
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Pin Pointer Pro
Jody,
sometimes the dissapointing pictures become better than you think.I really like the last two pictures. the second to the last I see a heart placed in the center of a very large owl.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Jody,
I think this Hoya, shaped like a shield is awesome.
Would investigate the hoyos in the back to see where they led.

What an awesome site you have turned up my friend.
As you see more and investigate more ....
I hope to see more.

I'm here to help if I can.

Attachments

• rocks6.JPG
    rocks6.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 952

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool spot. I see a very distinct gray face in the first pic and a wolf in the second as well. But that could just be me.
OD is right about seeing more later. I took a pic of a bobcat once and never noticed the 4 point deer antler shed laying right in front of him.

Why do I think sitting down and burning some sage before hunting will bring you better luck? :)

enjoy-

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
calisdad said:
Cool spot. I see a very distinct gray face in the first pic and a wolf in the second as well. But that could just be me.
OD is right about seeing more later. I took a pic of a bobcat once and never noticed the 4 point deer antler shed laying right in front of him.

Why do I think sitting down and burning some sage before hunting will bring you better luck? :)

enjoy-

Better maybe... to put a small container of water in an inconspicuous place on the trail.
Don't ask why. Leave it there and never look back.

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer
Jody,

Thanks for posting your rock pics. I like them very much, espiecially the "rocks 6" one that Old Dog pointed out with the "shield hoyo" in it.

What I really find the most interesting is the fact that the profile on top of your monument seems to match the top hoyo of the shield. (think female laying down.)
The lower hoyo in the shield may represent a Lion's head looking to the right with it's long mane flowing to the left.
Also to the left of the shield you may have another shield or a cauldren with an interesting symbol on it.
Also to the right of the shield and a little lower you may have a sun burst or the all seeing eye.
Maybe an important female is buried close by and probably not poorly?

Oddrock

Attachments

• jodyshield hoyo.JPG
    jodyshield hoyo.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 967
OP
OP
Mr.Jody

Mr.Jody

Jul 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5 Quicksilver
Ok fellas, spent all afternoon out there yesterday.Got a poo load of pics,did some serious scouting,almost fell in the cold waters of the creek and almost dropped my brothers $700 cam!! :o So I rush home to post up the pics, cant find the cord to hook it to the computer.. >:( going to buy a cord today.Pics will be up later today...... 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions