ROCK CRUSHER

Sungram

Jan 3, 2013

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I built a small rock crusher using a post hole hammer and a heavy duty bar. Look on "you tube" under TerryCieszki and find rock crusher.You will see two videos I did on rock crusher. The first one, showing me standing is short. The one further down the list is the better video. Enjoy some of my silly videos also! TTC

OP
OP
S

Sungram

Jan 3, 2013
Thanks. I watched a few videos on there and went to Lowes and Home Depot and couldn't find a steel pipe wide enough for what I needed. They had the fittings to be on the end to round it out but not the pipe. I'm frustrated

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Treasure finder. Gold Cube, Chisel, Hammer, Eye Loop.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I agree the T-Post hammer mill works I use a Breaker bar from Harbor freight with mine total cost like 45$ or you can go witha Crasy Crusher $500.00 or you can go with Best deal I've seen on a brand new crusher is $1549.00 for a 15" 13hp with a 4" x 4" opening. makeyourowngoldbars.com . They also have one with a 1245$ price tag.

OP
OP
S

Sungram

Jan 3, 2013
I have a Harbor Freight here. I was there an hour just browsing and trying to get some idea of what to use. What would I need to make an efficient one?

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Go to ace hardware, and pick up a t post driver, and a tamping and digging bar and cut the bar to your desired length like Terry did:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
S

Sungram

Jan 3, 2013
You know I looked at that one, but it said the measurements were 6 in. X 6in. That seems awfully small. Does it work really well?

DesertNuggets

Mar 29, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It comes in two sizes I think. I have the smaller one. It's very heavy for its size which is good.

If a rock won't fit just break it until it does. :)

Great for a small scale miner. If I had tons of ore I'd go motorized. But yeah it doesn't take many hits to turn my rocks into powder.

OP
OP
S

Sungram

Jan 3, 2013
That's good. I did see there are two sizes. I think I will go with the larger one. Thanks for the great advice. Will let you know how it works out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread