Rock etchings

joshphoto

Nov 29, 2009
Hey guys

I live in upstate NY. I was recently at a favorite bog and was photographing there. When I got home I discovered these markings on this rock. Any ideas? One looks like a sideways fish and the other an arrow pointing downwards?...I don't know, very new at this! This rock was mostly underwater, and this part was out, it is an old bog as well. Thanks for any information.

Attachments

• Rock Art.jpg
    Rock Art.jpg
    346.8 KB · Views: 617

goldguru

Aug 24, 2005
Looks like another trip to the swamp,For nice Knife/dagger carvings such as those wont be alone.
those are Very well done :icon_thumleft:

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Wow! What a mystery. When I looked at it both etchings looked like swords to me. I thought viking..then some sort of ritual daggers.

If they are blades and also directionals..it can not hurt to find out what kind of swords they represent. This site discusses swords in depth - check out the banner sword hilt picture.

http://www.swordforum.com/forums/

OP
OP
J

joshphoto

Nov 29, 2009
Thanks everyone for the information. I have since been back a few times. Everything looks loke something or all the rock piles I see make me wonder whats in them. Stilldign thanks for that awesome news! I almost fell out of my chair! This might sound like a silly question, but I can interpret the top symbol as pointing in either direction. But to the right the line goes into the water. So I have been exploring towards the left, and have found large piles of stones. Then I will come upon rocks that appear smoother than the others in the area that are mostly brighter in color. I couldn't find any other visible markings in the area, but a lot of rock piles. Thanks again.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
hi josh welcome, great pics
you said...But to the right the line goes into the water...
there may not have been water, there at the time of carvings
you might want to check, old maps and such
any pics of a bigger shot of the area

OP
OP
J

joshphoto

Nov 29, 2009
another quick one is it more likely for the treasure room to be found in a a cave or under huge boulders than in the ground?

kiddrock33

Jun 14, 2003
Massachusetts
josh , i am very interested in these carvings you have shown, number one is that they are swords of daggers , after ten years of searching the internet , i have only seen two , one at stonehenge , the other in egypt associated with the pyramids, possibly one other associated with roslyn chapel, i personally found three in massachusetts, mine i associate with a cache buried here. yours look roman or viking to me but this i dont know for sure, just my thought by seeing it, i think i saw this one or a similar one in a book somewhere, any other carvings nearby? how far from albany area are they ? hudson river? i understand if you dont want to say where. kidd

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread