Rock Or Mineral? (Poll)

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Where is the "both" option? I like both. :tongue3:

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Man you've sure been busy on this forum I see! LOL :occasion14:

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jupp, I saw it, just didn't know what to say.
If I where you I'd give one of the mods a PM to pull that trough, they must know to get in touch with the admin. :)

Upvote 0

Bajahunter

Mar 26, 2011
Ok I had to vote for both, even though I thought there should have been a third category. Elements
I like looking for the element Au. I wish I had some nice big samples of the element C as it is found in kimberlite. I used to work in a mine in Creede where it was possible to find beautiful samples of the element Ag.
I am usually just out looking for anything and everything. A strange rock or a beautiful crystal, it doesn't matter.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
TheRockCollector

TheRockCollector

Jan 8, 2012
Toronto,Ontario
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok I had to vote for both, even though I thought there should have been a third category. Elements
I like looking for the element Au. I wish I had some nice big samples of the element C as it is found in kimberlite. I used to work in a mine in Creede where it was possible to find beautiful samples of the element Ag.
I am usually just out looking for anything and everything. A strange rock or a beautiful crystal, it doesn't matter.
There should have been two more options "elements" and "dont like any" Well if someone picked dont laike any they shouldent even be on this forum. lol :D

Upvote 0

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
The Way I Look At It

I can't take a stand in the poll. mainly because depending on what I'm looking at, at that time, it could be a Rock, Mineral, Crystal, Gem or Stone. So I could use any one of these terms to describe it.
Here is something that helps me determine what one is over another.

• Rock could be from a cliff or river bank, Not having any particular structure or form. (Hence the term: "river rock")
  • Mineral is something that's deamed worthy of placing in a museum for scientific purposes.
  • Crystals or just that. Brilliant colors, structure and shaped.
  • Stones are like those found near streams or rived beds. (Hence the term "Skipping Stones" because of their shape)
  • Gems The faceted minerals, rock, stone or crystal. (The only definition that can use all terms, because all can be faceted or used in some form of jewelry etc)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
TheRockCollector

TheRockCollector

Jan 8, 2012
Toronto,Ontario
Primary Interest:
Other
I can't take a stand in the poll. mainly because depending on what I'm looking at, at that time, it could be a Rock, Mineral, Crystal, Gem or Stone. So I could use any one of these terms to describe it.
Here is something that helps me determine what one is over another.

• Rock could be from a cliff or river bank, Not having any particular structure or form. (Hence the term: "river rock")
  • Mineral is something that's deamed worthy of placing in a museum for scientific purposes.
  • Crystals or just that. Brilliant colors, structure and shaped.
  • Stones are like those found near streams or rived beds. (Hence the term "Skipping Stones" because of their shape)
  • Gems The faceted minerals, rock, stone or crystal. (The only definition that can use all terms, because all can be faceted or used in some form of jewelry etc)
Wow smart! The determination thing is really good! :)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread