Rock?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not a rock guy, though I do have a piece of gravel embedded in my right thigh from a bicycle accident on a gravel road when I was 10 or 12.

But that's a very nice looking whatever it is!

Welcome to TreasureNet. Of note though - you shouldn't have used your e-mail addy as your user name. Not all viewers of this forum are stand up individuals - the majority of actual members are. I think you can get your username changed, but you'd have to ask the moderators.

Upvote 0

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like eroded agate with bandings, but no expert here. Strange and cool looking rock you have.

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved this request from Today's Finds! over to Geological > Rocks/Gems for more exposure.

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bill is on the right track. It's quartz/chalcedony veins cutting a softer material. The softer material weathers more easily and thus the current look is achieved.

Upvote 0

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Eu_citzen, I try to educate myself with some readings during the winter. In fact, I read so much about geology, rock tumbling, history, prospecting and other stuff I never gave much time to plan my 2017 season for relics. :BangHead: I will hunt in parks this summer and for some river rocks.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
K
Apr 19, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to all that had interest in my rock and after going nuts trying to find out myself, I sure do appreciate your time and knowledge. Thank you. Thank you!!!!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions