ROCKS & GEMSTONES FROM OUR MINE

G

ghostminer

We have a gold mine in northern California. In addition to gold we have come across other materials. There was volcanic activity from Mt Lassen at one time so we think some of this material may be obsidian. There is also some strange looking purple material at the surface on a bluff about 60 ft above a creek. Can anyone identify some of this material or the assortment of rocks/gemstones? IMG_20170328_083721 (1).jpg WP_20140330_022.jpg WP_20140330_008.jpg

Last edited:

Buckshotnc

Nov 5, 2012
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher GBII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for sharing, I too have an old 1800's gold mine on my property that I prospect at and also the adjoining creek and area. I love finding the gems as much or better than the gold. But it is all good, just thankful being out there and enjoying God's Creation. Shows it's good to keep your eyes open to all things. Beautiful stones.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

ghostminer

You bet. I just found out the purple material and larger picture of red material is fluorite. It would be considered specimen grade only. The trey is mostly jasper & agate.

Upvote 0

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pieces, put that fluorite under a shortwave UV, should be beautiful, thanks for sharing

Upvote 0

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try a shortwave UV at the site and see what pops, you may be surprised, very cool

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread