Rods by Plugger

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Gotta tell you guys, Bill is a STAND UP GUY. He is the owner of Rods by Plugger and lives pretty close to me so I took a drive to his place to purchase a 3 pc travel carbon fiber straight shaft for my excalibur 1000 last week. One of the genuinely nicest guys I've ever met. We chit chatted for about an hr and I ended up buying the rod, then a whites lower shaft that is 1/2 the weight of the minelab, and his very cool wetsuit stitched elbow cuff. He threw in a bunch of hardware and gave me a ton of tib bit knowledge about detecting. Quality of his product is very nice. I bought a carbon fiber straight shaft for my AT the week before from another company for 30% more money and I stabbed myself with 4 splinters assembling it and it had loose components that I shouldn't of had to deal with as well nor does it track straight when you look down the center of it. It was a Canadian company. I'll leave it at that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No hot links to non supporting vendors.

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

Last edited:

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Plugger Carbon fiber straight shaft (upper and lower) on my Sov XS, which included 2 custom changeable V-mount tail shafts so you can mount the control box facing either way (towards coil or away), and 2 hand grips, one with a V-mount for an XS meter and one without, and a Whites cuff and strap.

All very well built and top notch quality. No wobble what so ever. Love it.

pistolpete

Jan 23, 2006
Fort Erie,Ontario,Canada
Detector(s) used
1280,excal,pi pro,sea hunter 2,x terra 70
Dear jeepGold. I believe I am the Canadian manufacturer you are referring to. I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience with one of our AT Pro shafts. As with all of the products we manufacture, we stand behind them 100%. We include a warranty card which indicates this. We normally do not have issues with our products, but as stated, stand behind them 100%. Did you contact the factory regarding your problems? We would have gladly replaced the item or advised the dealer who you purchased it from for an authorized replacement. Our company exists because of our commitment to customer satisfaction. If there is an issue with one of our products we want to hear about it and make it right!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread