Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool country. What's living in there? Up here it would be a homeless person.

OP
OP
P

pippinwhitepaws

something large...no tracks...but all the grass is crushed flat around the hole...
at first i thought elk were using the hollow for a camp...then i found the hole...circled the entire pile of rocks...not one track or spore.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool pics ! But noe I really want to know what is living there? If you go back BE CAREFUL!

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the pictures,i wonder whats in there also?am glad you like to take pictures out west,i like it there. jamey

OP
OP
P

pippinwhitepaws

thanks everyone...i will go back out with some ropes and hope my hobit shaped self can fit in the sinkhole.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
please be carefull,and take someone with you,or at least let someone know were your going. jamey

OP
OP
P

pippinwhitepaws

lol..that would be a first for me... 8)

OP
OP
P

pippinwhitepaws

lol mental...like i said..that would be a first....the way i figure it...coyotes gotta eat too ya know.... :icon_jokercolor:

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Sounds kind of interesting. You got my curiosity up. I wonder what is in there, too. but, like
they said you should hsve someone with you and let them know back home when you expect to be back.
If you are going down into a hole in the ground, you owe it to your wife and family to take
certain precautions, which I am sure you will do.

Interesting pics, you will have to let us know what you learn. You can't leave us hanging,
now. LOL

Ray

OP
OP
P

pippinwhitepaws

went back out to the cave this morning... decided to drop a rock into the hole first...it is a tight fit...and lo an behold...mr and mrs bobcat were a mite fussie about having rocks dropped on their heads...so...what ever is in there isn't anything of mine...
:tongue3:

OP
OP
P

pippinwhitepaws

lol, yes..it is one of arizona's natural lakes...i have used it as an example of how the climate has changed up here...but that just starts a fight...
first time i saw the lake, the water was less than a foot below the road bed...it was like that until the mid 1980's...
i was surprised there was a bit more water in there than i thought...and the grass sure likes the 'prairie'.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
have you looked for fossils,bring good money i have herd and is all the rage lately, jamey

OP
OP
P

pippinwhitepaws

jamey said:
have you looked for fossils,bring good money i have herd and is all the rage lately, jamey

may be all the rage, but here is illegal to mess with fossils...i know of a field of shells, gold bearing fossils...i wouldn't touch them for anything...i could go out on the rez and dig up a trex...and get arrested...i'll pass.

glad you love to make fun of the homeless...typical...200 thousand plus of those unwashed ill people are veterans...go laugh in a mirror.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, I wasn't makin fun of the homeless, pippinwhitepaws. I should clarify. The homeless we have here are mostly by choice. They come up to ski and use all their money on that. Or they come for whatever reason, because this part of the country does have a big attraction, and never realized that everything up here rents for about 2 dollars a square foot. Most of them are younger, are homeless by preference, and work just enough to get by. The way things are going, we may have a whole new class of homeless soon. I wasn't making fun of veterans, who probably aren't there by choice, like a lot of these kids are.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Pippin,

Is Rogers dry as a bone or is there a crust with mud under it? Can't believe how dry things are up on the rim!

Be careful of the Bobs!!!! When I was a kid we had one that was thought to be rabid show up at the ranch. My dad shot it with a 45, took off half its face. It did a back flip, hit the ground running towards him :o I didn't see the second shot or the third! My butt was down the hill faster than the guy with the red S on his chest. Ever since that day my respect for em has been high!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread