Roll fees ever heard of that ?

Kaynos

Sep 13, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually buy my boxes of coins at the local bank near me. Never had a problem with them. Now today i'm out of the city for some business and decided to go to that local bank there. Keep in mine this is the same bank i'm a member from, it's just another branch. I went to teller i ask her to buy a box of pennies. She then told me there's roll fees for that ? Roll fees ? I told her i've been buying boxes from my local branch and they never charged me anything. She said, they should have... ?@?@ Anyway i ask her how much was the fees. You wont believe that. 0.17c per roll. I said are you serious, that's almost 35% fees for a box of penny ! She said that's the fees, i said nevermind, I'll go back at my local bank, which i just came back and got a box no questions asked.

So my question, you ever heard of rolls fees ?

Upvote 0

Rushfan

Aug 18, 2012
Southern California
Primary Interest:
Other
I checked at a local credit union near my work... they said there was a fee to drop off rolls and to purchase rolls... Said I was a member... fee still applied.

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Similar situation happened to me last week while I was hunting up CWRs in a nearby town that isn't my normal hunting grounds. When I asked to buy halves, they had rolls, and the teller asked if I had an account. I told her I had 2 business accounts and she said good, because they only sell rolls to business accounts, and there was an 11 cent fee per roll. I said, "Excuse me?" She repeated and I looked at her flabbergasted. She just said that it cost them to order rolls and that charge gets passed along. I told her that must make it hard to be a cash business with them and politley told her that she could keep her rolls and to have a nice day.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its happened to me also...It's an epidemic......the hobbies days are numbered... Brace yourself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread