Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Visiting relatives in Tennessee, I found a few banks in the area. Tellers were very friendly, and I found that even in this small town I was always a few steps behind another CRH'er. One branch asked how many halves i wanted to buy. I asked "how many do you have?"
Head teller asks, "do you have an account here?"
Rats. Did manage a small score, 4 - 90%, 2 - 40%, out of 3 rolls and some loose, not bad for half an hour of hunting a long way from home.

Good luck all, AMC

Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Easy silver!!! :icon_pirat:

fiddycent

Oct 23, 2008
excellent score when you consider you ended up with 1.74 ounces of silver out of 3+ rolls!!!

you da man! :wav:

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
I did a bit of hunting over Christmas around Maryville near Knoxville. Sorry if I sniped ya, but I only found 1 40% in a day of searching.

SnakemanBill

Apr 24, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hellsbells and I were crhing in and around Bristol, Kingsport and Church Hill. Didn't find a whole lot I think between the two of us we ended up with 19 40%ers after hitting about 15-20 banks and going through about $1000 in halves. Most of the banks had very little in the way of halves and a few of the tellers told me they have another hunter that comes by. One teller had a couple of silver coins but wouldn't let me have them.

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
when the tellers ask me "do you have an account?" i reply with a big smile "sure do" they never look it up. or at least they have not yet..

OP
OP
fistfulladirt

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
hellsbells said:
where were you in TN?? i was there with my uncle and he got me hooked on crh
I was visiting Martin, TN. I'm not used to the prim and proper ways of folks down south, and also the thick accent is like music to the ears of a northern yank....the tellers call to each other as "miss" and "mr"...cracks me up, as I'm just not used to that.....AMC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread