ROlll Hunting

low xtreme

Oct 5, 2006
georgia
1000 halves sounds right. you can order a box at your local bank or buy any loose halves they have.

last year for 90% silver was 1964
65-70 are 40% silver

B

Brush Creek

Whats a 40% silver half worth
Is it worth wile to do all that hunting
and I read the other day somewhere a penny ( copper ones ) are worth 3 cents in weight if melted down is that true

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
I don't personally know of anyone who is melting 40% halves at the moment. However they are very attractive on ebay and to silver investors. Sell atleast a roll of the 40% and you should be able to get between $1.00 to $1.20 per 40% half.

A good place to check out coins, as far as what is silver, how many were made etc. is:

www.coinfacts.com

Also keep your eyes peeled for shiny mirrored looking halves PROOF coins.

There is a section if you scroll down on the main catagories menu for coin roll hunting. Read there and you will find out a lot of information from posts that peps have made. Most likely Jeff will move this post to that section anyways, or to the general section.

Good luck,

Postalrevnant

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
LoL sorry Mike. I was typing and go the "Warning a post has been...you might want to review". Figures one of the ones that I did not review and it was a link directly to Coin roll hunting. I would say that is much better than my scroll down the catagories LOL.

Not a total loss though, the coinfacts site is something to really check out. Plus I have been tracking 40% silver sales online for a few months now so that price seems to be a pretty good average.

Rev

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread