Rolls of Ikes......worth looking through, or keeping?

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
Rolls of Ike's......worth looking through, or keeping?

While out on my daily travels, I found a bank that has 140 rolls of Ike dollars in their vault. I bought one just to keep (I was there for halves). Are these worth looking through? are the Ike's worth holding on to? I think it is unusual for a bank to have that many Ike dollars on hand. Just wondered what everybody's opinion was on this.

Paul

Upvote 0

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Rolls of Ike's......worth looking through, or keeping?

GRAB THEM ALL! (If you have the money for them that is.)

If you look on eBay, you can usually put $500 on there and sell them for $600. put up $100 and get $125.

Pull out any silver if there is any, or any uncirculated rolls, or BU coins, and sell the rest on eBay.

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola

Get them ;) They generally dont go for alot individually but if you have rolls of them you can make a small quik profit or just keep them as investments. Also look for errors and uncirculated rolls.

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006

I would definitely buy all of the rolled Ikes! Pull out the keepers and make a quick buck on ebay. I took a look at the Ikes on ebay last week and as stated earlier they are sold in lots. Don't bother trying to sell them individually. If you buy them, I hope you find some silver ones. Good luck! ;D

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Besides the fact that you don't know who rolled those coins.Could of been some elderly person with bad eyesight or unknowingly rolled up coins they've had for years to get rid of them.I was at a coin show over the weekend and overheard a man talking about the two rolls of Ike's he got from the bank only to discover they were both full of Morgans and Peace dollars.Definately get them.But then you already know that by now don't you? ;) ;D -diggumup

Diamond Spike

Jan 26, 2005
Alabama

Well looking through the 2006 Red book there a some 80% silver Ikes out there
You never know Till you check.

1970s to 1976s mint marks

Diamond Spike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread