All Treasure Hunting
Nice piece of history.

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Your brooch looks to be in very good condition. Could you tell us how these were used by the Romans? Were they worn by men or women or both? Were they purely ornaments or did they hold people's garments together in some way? Also, what metals are they made from and were they made in many locations or just a few? Thanks for any info you can share! HH Andi

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Don't find much of that over here anymore(plowed and rolled) Nice save :thumbsup:

OP
OP
jimmy uk

jimmy uk

Nov 3, 2010
Essex
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
g-olden years said:
Your brooch looks to be in very good condition. Could you tell us how these were used by the Romans? Were they worn by men or women or both? Were they purely ornaments or did they hold people's garments together in some way? Also, what metals are they made from and were they made in many locations or just a few? Thanks for any info you can share! HH Andi

hi im not very clued up on any thing roman and how they worked but i will try and tell you a little about if i can :)

They where worn by men,women and children as show peacies or as a brooch/safety pin to hold there cloths together :) they where made all over the world but my brooch was made in essex where i live over 2000 years ago in a place called colchester :) they where mainly made of bronze/copper alloy but on rare ones they have been made of silver or even gold :notworthy:

sorry i couldnt tell you more

thanks everyone

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very cool that the spring is intact for the most part. it is amazing how advanced the Romans were as compared to others of that time period

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions